passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny: The Taken King

Sambob

So I watched parts of that stream.

It was an hour long but I think they stayed in the tower the entire time. They spoke about the currency/levelling systems, new upgrading systems (including year 1 stuff), the infusion system where you can upgrade guns with other guns, cryptarch, the gunsmith and a ton of other stuff they're changing or introducing. Basically they're making the games systems wise what it should of been at launch.

If the actual new content is beefy and for the better, I would be willing to jump back in...If the pricing/buying options thing was sorted. I understand they want to keep the play base all together but I don't want to buy stuff I already own. :lol: I only want the new bit.

Edit: I know you can get TTK separate but what is it's rrp £35? I think you can get the Legendary edition with everything for the same price if you shop about..So stupid.

I paid 30 quid for 40 quid worth of psn credit for the digital version of just taken king. It will probably come down in price over the course of a year though if you wanted to wait a bit.

I like the improved storage options and the upgraded exotics, and the swords of course. The idea of having ghosts and class items that actually do stuff as well.

I'm looking forward to Friday's tournament of rift gameplay and next Wednesdays dreadnought reveal.

It was a while ago, something that popped up on Hotukdeals, but was fairly quickly sorted. I think it was something like that site that offers you an extra discount when you like their facebook page on top of a deal that they didnt mean to have at the time, I dont remember their name but you might know which one im talking about, they have a sort of blue logo.

EDIT: I think it was CD.Keys. They are probably the best for psn credit as its instant but they have normally always got a discount on it. At the moment they have 35 psn credit for 28 quid and I think you might get an additional discount for liking their page, sometimes it stacks sometimes it doesnt, depends if they have configured it right or not.

EDIT2: you can actually get the legendary edition from simply games for 36 quid at the moment, 35 with something called TCB (im guessing the cb part of that means cash back) but people saying that the cashback seems a bit sketchy.

TCB = top cashback.

it's a site that get s a sales % on sales referrals, and you get a kickback of that.

The kicker is that they only pay out in multiples of £10, so you can't "cash out" until you've bought a few different things.

I buy as many things as I can through top cashback,

money for nothing...

EDIT2: you can actually get the legendary edition from simply games for 36 quid at the moment, 35 with something called TCB (im guessing the cb part of that means cash back) but people saying that the cashback seems a bit sketchy.

That was what I was getting at.

£35-40 for The Taken King or £35 Taken King and the £70 worth of Destiny content you bought last year.:facepalm:

Is the Legendary edition going to have codes for the pre TTK stuff or it all on disc? And if I buy DLC from the U.S. Store is it user wide like the games?

If it's codes, I could try and make some money back. But I'm not sure many folk would want to buy parts of the game if they get it all for cheap.

I think you can buy DLC from US store and play it on your EU console if you set the US account as the primary. I'm not sure that 100% that's right though but that would make TTK about £26-28. Hmmm.. I'll maybe just pick up the Legendary and give the old stuff away, fuck you Bungie. :facepalm::lol:

Another twitch event tonight, this one is regarding one of the new strikes on the new playable area, The Dreadnought. Will be interesting to see this 'raid like' gameplay that they mentioned, and also to see if anything else is different.

As much as I'd like to get this, I still don't know if it's worth £36 to me.

If you didn't buy the previous DLC, then it's a good deal, but I don't know.

I've not really been interested in watching anything about TTK, because of bungie's attitude towards end users.

For me, Destiny was really enjoyable, but there were aspects of the game that felt just shitty.

Like how there was zero explanation on how to level past 20, I wasted a lot of time not understanding the factions stuff, confused about why I wasn't ranking up and it turns out it was because I was using a faction banner.

The random loot drop to get that one weapon that put the game into easy mode for you, and how all these weapons ended up dominating in PvP.

Bungie have said how they've put massive effort into addressing these things in TTK, but the game has been out for long enough, why haven't they addressed it it the game I already fucking paid for?

Also that Luke smith interview, to my knowledge, that guy still hasn't apologised, nor has he stepped out of his position. "when I show you this new avatar dance move, you're going to throw your money at the screen", right.

I bought the DLC for rocket league. I've not played it, or used it, but I feel that those guys deserved some extra money from me. I've enjoyed that game, and want to give them moeny to help them make the next game or revision.

Bungie need to sit on the naughty step for a little longer..