passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Splatoon

HandsomeDead

It'd be interesting to see graphs of who was in the lead at specific time points to see if one team just ran away with it or whether there were a bit of a tug of war going on back or forth. I can imagine EU one being quite constant as when the EU is calling it a night Australia is picking up the fight and carrying on where they left off and then the EU picks up when they go to bed for the last leg.

Art vs Science was NA's Splatfest. Art won. It seems Callie wins most of these Splatfests. It's probably why she's such a smug cunt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple more maps on the way. The museum one does look pretty cool, actually. Got some new threads coming as well, unfortunately including those skulled mouth rag things you see all over CoD and the Spar down my road.

I've not been on this for a while so it seems a decent enough excuse to get on 2015's best game.

• 3 weeks later...

started playing this today and get kicked from every game, apparently it's an upload speed thing, previously if your upload wasn't great you'd be able to play, maybe with a little lag i guess, now (after one of the patches) it just boots you. apparently it uses more upload bandwidth than other online games :(

I know someone else who has that problem. I'm sure it helps keep the quality up but it's a bit ruthless if you're the one getting kicked.

Unrelated but I bought this from Amazon today. I loved the beta so I'm going to try to spend some proper time with the full thing

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i planned to have a go at the single player today, and i did, and it was great, did the first 2 areas. it's good fun and the graphics and music are great. but also since last time playing i noticed the upload speed on the broadband was better than before so i gave the multiplayer a go and it worked! and that was also really fun :D although i'm still getting used to the controls. 

Just get whatever you think fits your style.  If you concentrate on coverage the stick to something short range that makes a mess on the floor, or you could go for something better for combat, or anything in between.  You can test guns out before you buy them so give one a spin before you commit if you're not sure.

As for clothes the perks are randomised but generally speaking go for stuff with four slots (one main slot and three lesser ones) but you can get an item that gives you more slots for any clothing at Splatfest so it comes down to how deep you wanna get into that side of it.

cheers DC!

i've just been using the standard gun and enjoying painting stuff, seems pretty good against people up close too. still struggle a bit with the right stick to spin around, depending on the angle of the stick you spin slowly or quickly, it's fine really just as the stick is in a different position to xbox/ps controllers it takes some getting used to. 

I will always suggest getting a handle on the gyro controls; they're a revelation. 

And I'm playing this at the moment.  My word.  I've not played in ages and I'm topping the results every time.  People are awful at this game.  It deserves better. 

2 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

And I'm playing this at the moment.  My word.  I've not played in ages and I'm topping the results every time.  People are awful at this game.  It deserves better. 

Dude. My wife plays this, and she doesn't play video games. My 7 year old has just started playing it recently (although he is a demon, I trained him on Plants vs Zombies), and my 4 year old has dabbled. It's on a Nintendo.

Oh, and gyro controls suck. I switched them off as soon as I had the option to.

yeah i thought motion controls were the way to go in this. they seem pretty good anyway.

1 hour ago, retroed said:

Dude. My wife plays this, and she doesn't play video games. My 7 year old has just started playing it recently (although he is a demon, I trained him on Plants vs Zombies), and my 4 year old has dabbled.

and yeah that's probably why i do ok despite not really knowing what's going on.

also finished the single player earlier which was ace too.

I ended up playing Ranked just for the challenge (still won every time).  It never used to be this way.  Where are all the fresh squids and kids?

Is it just a bunch of Eds spinning in circles, shooting over your heads, not using the neat gyro controls?

• 1 month later...

So, I've missed a few Splatfests, lately.  Quite a lot of them in fact, but the FINAL one is coming: it runs from 22nd - 24th of July and I think as many of us that can be should be there.

The theme is are you a Callie or a Marie?  The answer is obvious.

Have a may may:

CmOLGgTWIAIW-wf.jpg:large