passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only guide I'm using is Sherpa @Hendo. Everything else I've done is blind. I have watched some videos of @RikSP playing but as I've said to him it's kind of hard to work out what you're doing in that game without having played the game and anchoring the locales and how everything is joined together.

I do know there's a fight inside a church and that I can use fire against the boss. I know there's cunts that do a kick because they caused lots of misery for Rik. I know tiny jigsaw piece bits about the game, but I don't know how they slot together, and I won't know until I see it with my own eyes.

I'm into Old Yharnham.

I'm a bit lost now. I spent ages wondering about looking at the places that signify I can get up there, I just don't know how.

There's 2 ways out of the place after the Gascoingne. One of them leads up to a gate and has a few lamp bearer guys. The gate opens from the other side, but I can see rooftops I could get to because there's items on them.

If I go out the other gate there's the lamp guys. On the right there's a big lad that looks like Noseybonk on steroids. If you kill him the upper path leads to a gate that needs a token to open it. The lower side leads to a bit of an area with some bricks lads and a Noseybonk with a big fuck off ball. After that there's a pottery room with a door which presumably opens from the other side. Going back to the lamp guys I can take the path that goes down towards a church. You can pull a switch there to go into the guts of the building, which leads you to another lamp. There's a friendly NPC that you can find, I forget what his name is. I found him anyway.

The lower lamp after the wolf had a thing on the gate that warned me to stay out. There's several new monsters here, nothing too bad, but the guy that's on the tower controls the area with a minigun. I can drop down to the ground earlier in the level but I don't think that's going to help me since I think it just leads back up to an item up a ladder that MGS would be envious of. Going towards the gun is just asking for trouble and I doubt pushing into it is the way to solve this. It feels like a gate I have to open except this one can hurt me. I need to get up there and pull the switch ( or in this case crack his fucking skull open).

I think I'm missing something between those lamps. I get the sense I'm going deeper into the bowels of Yharnham when that top shortcut should be the thing I open first, then the one with the badge maybe. I have no idea about pottery room door. There's a bridge there and I've had a scour around there but I can't really see anything that's going to help me get there. Where I need to be is up, not down. Those shortcuts are stiched into each other.

I think next session it might be a case of starting at the upper lamp and scouring every wall, crate and ledge to drop off to see if I'm missing a short cut. I'm trying to envision the map in my head and look at points to see where I am in relation to other stuff. I even though about coming back and having a pop at Alfonso to see if that gate opened into anything.

I'm feeling like I need to be all over those roofs, I just don't know how to do it yet. If I don't find it where I need to be I think it might be a case of ringing the bell and entering someone elses game. See if they know where the fuck they're meant to be going.

8 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

The only guide I'm using is Sherpa @Hendo. Everything else I've done is blind. I have watched some videos of @RikSP playing but as I've said to him it's kind of hard to work out what you're doing in that game without having played the game and anchoring the locales and how everything is joined together.

I do know there's a fight inside a church and that I can use fire against the boss. I know there's cunts that do a kick because they caused lots of misery for Rik. I know tiny jigsaw piece bits about the game, but I don't know how they slot together, and I won't know until I see it with my own eyes.

To be fair each of my videos are an hour of playtime cut into 20 minute videos so pretty useless for walkthroughs anyway.

With the exception of boss battles. They’re good for boss battles. I think.

Also, what the fuck is going on with this games story? A few notes, a line or so in a cut scene, the NPC's blaming the hunters. People falling ill and turning into werewolves. At any point does it just tell you what's going on or do I have to patch it together myself like Columbo?

Progress from the cathedral ward:

Return to Gilbert to get a new weapon.

Return to old woman and tell her to get to the cathedral ward.

Return to Gazza’s kid.

Watch the first minute of this video for how to get to the next boss. They run past enemies and places to unlock shortcut gates but this is how you get there. Stop watching when they open the door if you want the boss fight unspoilered.

You’re at the point now where it really sprawls out and there’s lots to find and places to see.

Personally, I would just have a mooch about for a bit and explore.

If you haven’t got the item to open that first gate, I think you can buy it for 10,000 echoes.

Scoured the level again, only this time someone had left a note down near the gate that needed a token to pass. It gestured me towards the shop in the Dream so I bought that key there and opened it. Fucking cryptic bullshit. I would have levelled up to where shit was costing over 10k a pop before I bought that key. Nearly bought the farm to that stairway walking noseybonk as well. Closest I've come to death in a few hours game time.

Anyway I went and did the stuff behind that gate. Saw the squid face fuck who is just as unpredictable as the crows. Went down the bottom and I need a password. Went back up, dropped of the ledge and then because that villages fucktoy for the next 20 seconds. First death in ages. Went back to get my bloods and looked at that area. Yeah, fuck fighting that lot there. Made a dash through to the next area to see if I could funnel them into a better place to fight and ended legging it up a ladder. This brought me to a shortcut near where the 2 noseybonks are in what I think is a mausoleum. I see another path that is the other side from that circle, so I might go down there depending on what I feel like. More likely I will take the stairs up because I think that's the way to getting the door closest to the lamp open.

Question to the people that have played. Those things you pick up you can level your weapons up with. Are they infinite? Because if they are I might just level all the weapons I have. I'm assuming that they just drop randomly for killing specific mobs, but I don't want to waste them if that's not the case.

I only have one of the secondary item. I need two more to get another level.

I don't know what to have as the back up, not really sold on the other weapons I've tried. There's still weapons in the shop I've not bought, I'll maybe have a look at those and see if they'll tickle my fancy.

I started and ended the game with the saw cleaver. You can take all the weapons right to the end, and it's a good idea to build and level your guy around your weapon (I think strength for the axe?)

Watch out spending those bloodstone shards. 

You can grind for them later on. But you're best off focusing on a single weapon on your first play through