passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumped back in with my original character, but I'm tempted to start again. Just going back in and running around for a bit was amazing. One of the all time greats for me, best PS4 exclusive by a mile. 

Hendo’s tips for newcomers and those who haven’t played in a while (as I had forgotten most of this).

You can’t use the doll to level up in the Hunter’s Dream until you have Insight. There’s some Insight deeper into the first section but you also get some from just seeing a boss.

The best thing to do is sprint to where the first boss is but take a left into a house. Out the door you can open on the ground floor and up some steps opens up a shortcut to the bonfire lamp. Once you’ve unlocked this shortcut, you can sprint through the house and get to the boss. Probably best doing when you’ve died trying to retrieve your blood echoes so you have nothing to lose.

You’ll most likely die to the boss and then go back to the Hunter’s Dream. Talk to the doll and just next to the doll is a messenger on the ground that will give you the Beckoning Bell. 

Now press the right part of the touch pad, pick a slot and press triangle to switch. Find the bell and put it where you want.

Now you can click the right touch pad and ring the bell to get co-op help. It costs insight to use it, so if you die on the way to the boss your next run will be without co-op.

The Insight items are limited, but you get Insight every time you see a boss and I got 3 for killing the boss. So if you run out, I think it’s just a case of going for broke just to get the Insight.

I could be wrong about that.

Edit:

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Insight

One of the best techniques I remember is to buy the small bell from the shop above the doll for one Insight. Then ring it to join a host and get Insight without risking your blood echoes.

If I remember right you get it for helping people defeat a boss aswell. So you can't really run out. At times you might find them a bit scarce (depends how shit you are I suppose :lol:), especially really early on, but you'll soon have enough.

I never found it a problem and I co-op plenty in these games.

On 06/03/2018 at 9:08 AM, retroed said:

Rom, the vacuous spider. *shudders*

Just done that on my old character. I had no idea where the way forward was so looked up lists of what should be in the gravestones for locations.

Turns out there’s a fair few I don’t have and some I don’t recognise so I’m working my way backwards to find some new locations.

Well this “new” location is an absolute fucker. I actually ran out of blood vials for the first time so went back to the early sections to grind for them. I even got a trophy for unlocking the new location.

Level 200 now, only 306,000 souls blood echoes to level up again.

Most of my weapons are nearly maxed now so had a play about with the others I don’t use much.

My original favourite and the one I played through the entire game with is the Hunter Axe, which I can heartedly recommend. The charge attack is not only devastating to enemy health, but also knocks them backwards.

I’ve also had a play about with the Threaded Cane and Ludwig’s Holy Blade, both of which seem to be really popular, but I find the cane to be faster but weaker and Blade to be more powerful but slower. So I like my axe just fine.

If anyone wants some co-op help, I should be able to, regardless of a big level difference as the game should nerf me quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Click the touch pad (left or right, I can’t remember which one) to do emotes. As you find more you can swap out and move them around.

Did you find the music box for the Gazza fight? Definitely makes him easier.

Fortifying weapons is just levelling them up. Worth doing once you’ve found a weapon you really connect with.

Pressing up on d-pad gives you more bullets but takes away from your health. A risk/reward thing if you like to parry a lot, but I never used it and barely used the gun. If you can get good with the parry it’ll make a couple of enemies coming up much easier.