passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Just Cause 3

radiofloyd

ORIGINAL STORY 11/11/2014 5.21pm: Just Cause 3 has finally been revealed by Avalanche Studios, four years after Just Cause 2 hit the scene.

As revealed by Game Informer, the open-world shooter is due in 2015 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Here's what we know: It's set in a fictitious Mediterranean archipelago, the grappling hook and parachute make a return (with "vastly improved" mechanics), and there's even a new wingsuit.

You'll still play as Rico Rodriguez.

Just Cause 2 went on to sell six million copies across PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, where it had a thriving community that added a multiplayer mod.

UPDATE 11/11/2014 10.17pm: Just Cause 3 won't be free-to-play or contain micro-transactions, developer Avalanche Studios has confirmed.

Early leaked screenshots suggested otherwise, but Avalanche co-founder and chief creative officer Christofer Sundberg explained that those were early prototypes and not indicative of what the final product will be.

"Those leaked screenshots were taken from an ancient version of Just Cause 3," he said on the official Avalanche blog. "Like most games, this one went through an exploratory phase where we looked at different control schemes, different technologies, different business models. Those leaked screenshots show aspects of that process, and in no way reflect the game we are making today."

"It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro-transactions."

"Does that mean we'll release the game and call it quits? Nope," he added. "Beyond launch, we are likely to look into DLC packs and items as part of our ambition to support Just Cause 3 and its players for many years to come, but until that time we're completely focused on making the best Just Cause game we possibly can. Rest assured it will be a huge, fully packed and extremely rewarding experience right out of the gate."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-just-cause-3-has-finally-been-officially-announced

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If you're going to go XO make sure you play JC2 first as JC3 will likely ruin it for you. From what I can gather JC3 is like god mode, JC2 has less features and has a lot less features than JC3. I might actually put JC2 in and have a bit of a play before JC3 comes out.

But yeah, doesn't really matter which console you get it on, it's probably going to be one of the games of the year and missing out is going to be a folly.

I just watched the first 45 mins or so of this - looks great fun. The second game was bat shit insane, and this looks like their turning it up a notch. Love the fact that you can blow everything up - reminds me of the criminally under-rated Red Faction Guerilla.

It's a toss up between this or Xenoblade Chronicles X next week. Although i'll probably opt for Xenogears as that will never drop in price.

Watched a stream of this on YT from Eurogamer last night and the performance looked pretty shocking on PC. The guy that was demoing it (Ian Higton) didn't have a particularly beefy PC I guess, but he was only playing on low settings and it was incredibly choppy, lots of slowdown, lots of dropped frames, not good at all.

Going to wait for reviews (they go live at 12am 1st Dec) before I decide whether to go this or not, it's only £17 odd on CDKeys but FC4 is also £15 on Steam and I don't really want to buy both.

Stream above, lots of others saying there's plenty of other streams that run smoothly, so probably just this guy above's PC.

XB1 analysis video as well:

Lots of issues he mentions there in the console versions, frame-rate looks absolutely dogshite, as low as 17fps, wow, then I saw this video of the loading times on PS4:

3 and a half minutes :o :O :o

Nice! Hope you guys enjoy it and don't experience many problems yourselves, just putting the info out there is all :)

Reviews should are out now:

Currently sat at a 75% average from 30 critic reviews on OpenCritic:

http://opencritic.com/#!game/1528/just-cause-3

And a 75% average on PC from 12 critic reviews on Metacritic (console reviews not up yet on metacritic it seems):

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/just-cause-3