passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza Zero

Uncle Dokuro

• 2 months later...
Sega has released a 20-minute video showing gameplay from its upcoming PS4 and PS3 title Yakuza Zero.

The video, which starts showing gameplay from around the four-minute mark, highlights the PS4 version and shows off its depiction of 1980s Tokyo.

The sixth game in the Yakuza series, Yakuza Zero is a prequel set in December 1988 in fictional Tokyo and Osaka districts, Kamurocho and Soutenburi. The protagonists are 20-year-old Kazuma Kiryu, who works part-time as a debt collector for the Tojo Clan, and 24-year-old Goro Majima, who ran a popular Soutenburi cabaret club before it closed down.

The story is said to connect to the first Yakuza game's and feature many of the same characters.

Last weekend Sony confirmed that Yakuza 5 will be coming to the US and Europe.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/482479/yakuza-zero-20-minutes-of-gameplay-footage/

• 1 year later...

Yakuza 0 will launch for PlayStation 4 both physically and digitally in North America and Europe in early 2017, Sega announced.

The game tells the origin story of Kazuma Kiryu and details his ascension into the ranks of the Yakuza. Its gameplay focuses on “navigating the seedy underworld of Japan,” and users will also get to play as long-time NPC Majima Goro, the Mad Dog of Shimamo. Voices are in Japanese with English subtitles.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/yakuza-0-launches-early-2017-west

More details in link.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, retroed said:

It's ok, I like it. 

Interested in your views, I've never played a Yakuza game and figure this is a good entry point being a prequel. Still might not get it, though. 

It's a great entry point! Sets up Yakuza:Kiwami for the Summer perfectly as well I've been told if you're interested in getting that too, I'm a big fan of the series, played 3,4 and 5 and own a couple of the Japanese-only games too.

The mechanics and graphics probably won't of changed much from 3/4 and 5 on the PS3 as they all run on much the same engine I believe, the combat has apparently been made nicer and more responsive though, some of the textures don't like too fantastic but just exploring Kamurocho again for me is a great, so many things to do (Gambling, Games arcade, Call girls, Erotic films, Kareoke, Dancing, Baseball, Pool, Darts and a ton of side-quests too) and the story is usually rather brilliant although I didn't enjoy 5 much as it took place in 4 different cities, had too many characters and went on way too long...0 though is much more toned down, shorter and focuses on Kazuma Kiryu and friend/rival Goro Majima in their early years in the Yakuza in Kamurocho (Tokyo's Red Light District) and Osaka.

It plays a bit like Shenmue really, but more 18 rated with better combat...that's probably the best way to describe it really, it is a very uniquely Japanese thing to play.

1 hour ago, retroed said:

Interested in your views, I've never played a Yakuza game and figure this is a good entry point being a prequel. Still might not get it, though. 

yeah same here, well maybe i started 2 at some point. i might pick this up if i can get it cheap-ish at some point, not bothered about getting it straight away.

8 hours ago, retroed said:

It's ok, I like it. 

It's definitely a good entry point. The story takes place before all but one key event from the series , and it introduces a couple of the key characters fairly well, I'm not sure about the job they're doing with Majima tbh 

There's a ton of stuff to do , but it's been introducing that fairly slowly , slower than past entries certainly