passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo 5: Guardians

DANGERMAN

Aye, I've never really had any abuse on Live or where ever at all. But I tend to only use a headset if I'm with pals..then I give them abuse. :P

My Shopto order was dispatched today so I should have it by the end of the month...haha!

I'm up for co op legendary'ing the whole lot but I'll be busy with work for most of the evenings next week. :( I'll try to get on though.

that's interesting - for stuff far away i use the zoom in halo, but anyway, it'll depend on how much a hit in accuracy not aiming down the sights has - in destiny it's quite a big hit so you need to do it as much as possible, in previous halo games there is hardly any penalty, if at all - so it's much easier to use weapons at close range.

edit - apparently 343 have responded and it's just like normal halo:

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/531541844178792448

Think there was problems with Live yesterday so only managed to get 3/4 games of mp in. But it's good. I've really missed Halo 2's BR. It feels lovely in 60fps too.

Edit: seems there's a big problem with matchmaking atm as well. I'll make an MCC thread when I get home unless someone wants to do it before hand.

Gameplay ViDoc

http://youtu.be/0BgZ2m4bReo

It's different but it seems they're being quite clever about it.

The ADS looks to be using the visor more than the gun.

You can't run AND charge you shield.

Battle chatter is in. (Finally)

And the thruster pack stuff looks like the EXO suit from AW but with a ground pound.

Looks alright. Bring on the beta.

I was reading an article on my phone about this and how they draughted a load of pro Halo players in to make to Vs good enough to appear on esports circuits. So far so good, it's a move that will ensure that skill combined with the weapons available will see anyone good.

Then I noticed the name Quinn Delhoyo. That name looks familiar, I think to myself. So I dig around in my memory trying to place why he has such a notoriety to jump out at me like that. Then it all comes back to me. Gears 3. The Sawed Off. The Retro. The maps that have as much balance as someone with Parkinsons.

Part of me thinks that Halo 5 could be great online. On the other hand, part of me thinks Delhoyo will fuck it up somehow, he's not exactly got a strong record when it comes to making everything a level playing field.

• 4 months later...

Well.

I guess I struggle to get over the disappointment I felt coming out of halo 4.

The fact that they're trying to change the back story of master chief to me feels like another let down from 343, unless it's a bluff to build drama for halo 5. Either way, I have no doubt it will be a solid shooter, 343 certainly have cut their teeth but for me halo is more like a McDonald's happy meal, fills a gap and you have a cute plastic toy to play with but leaves you hungry for something more substantial...

• 5 weeks later...

They were pumping adverts for this in game of thrones last week.

the text for *not actual game footage couldn't have been any smaller.

skewing the 6 game storyline to try and make out that masterchief is really the bad guy is 6th form art student levels of writing,

fuck it, i'm calling it.

they've gone full-blown Geroge Lucas on this one....

down the toilet you go mater chief, see if you can cling onto some nuggets of treasure on the way down