passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

South Park : The Stick of Truth

AndyKurosaki

Just finished this, genuinely hilarious. Again, there's loads of bits that the censors seemed perfectly happy to leave in. Weird. Combat wise only one optional side boss gave me any trouble. Once I teamed up with Jimmy and his "restore PP points" move, I battered everyone with ease.

Some proper "LOL" moments, one location was just brilliant.

This game is absolutely superb. I've put 13 hours in and not at the end yet, although I don't think I'm that far off. It keeps getting better and better, the writing is excellent as is expected. I'm enjoying the combat a lot too; it's Mario & Luigi RPG, pretty much. I haven't watched South Park for years, so wouldn't class myself as a fan but this game is just brilliant. No faults from me, other than Ubisoft's decision to censor bits for us.

• 1 year later...

I started playing this at the weekend. I haven't watched South Park regularly in probably 12+ years, so I'I'm sure I'm probably missing several in-jokes, but I don't feel like it's ever prevented me enjoying anything.

It's funny, looks great and I like the combat. The sidequests seem a little pedestrian so far, I'll probably end up skipping a bunch of those.

• 5 months later...

Played 45 minutes of this, seems like a really cool game. I haven't watched South Park in years either but I have watched tons of episodes over the years, so at least I'm familiar with the characters. And they do a great job of making you feel like you are in South Park.. They've kind of gone for a Paper Mario style camera angle which works really well. Combat seems like a fun variation on the usual. And I love the central concept of kids basically playing make believe.

• 2 years later...

Just started playing this as a sort of Smash accompaniment. I don't watch this show, bit I am definitely aware of the characters. I know Cartman is the head honcho, that Kenny often wonders off this mortal coil, and I certainly wasn't surprised when Jesus turned up. It's sort of a cultural thing, isn't it.

But I love it. I've just spent a couple of hours wondering around fighting, picking up a few side quests, 'finding' Jesus, dealing with a Mongolian horde (as you do), talking to Al Gore etc.

The battle system is enjoyable, and can be quite fast moving. And, yeah, it's funny, although I have to wear headphones 'cos my missus is a a prude.

Trouble is, I want to play it more than Smash. ?

Be doing that tomorrow. My time is currently being split between this and Smash.

I'm quite impressed with the balance of the game in the combat. There's a lot more strategy involved than I expected, and a difficulty that pushes you just enough to make the game relaxed but not a pushover.

Finished on 16+ hours, although my level capped out at about the 13 hour mark for some reason. 

Really enjoyed it, although I don't watch the show, and I certainly didn't realize it was so near the knuckle. Nothing really shocks me, though (barring Blakey's love of RDR2) so it all blew over me like a Colorado breeze. 

As I mentioned earlier, I won't be indulging in the sequel. I did try it, but didn't get on with the sloooow paced combat. I suppose they have to change things up to keep it interesting, but it wasn't for me. Pity, though, because I loved the world and characters, especially the strange and silly adults.

Nice one.