passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Sambob

'Cant stop the A Train, baby'

Lets start up thine internal hype machines then.

The 3D version of the debut trailer featured in the April Nintendo Direct is available on the e-shop now for those who have a 3DS, for those who dont, like me, time to get saving.

It might have been better for Nintendo to not have been so explicit with the "Link to the Past 2" angle and let us pick up on it ourselves. I really hope everyone just appreciates what they're doing with it and not use it as an excuse to get all snitty about trees being in the wrong place or whatever.

No matter, I'm still stoked over the prospect of a new Zelda game. I really like how they're using the camera and 3D. It should lend the environments alot of depth and it looks subtle enough to not interfere with the gameplay.

You think they should have been more vague with potential gaming gold dust? I think they did exactly the textbook move, drop a few minutes to create immense hype and be clear about something so incredible most gamers didnt even bother to dream it up. Not only what many people (including myself) regard as the best style of Zelda game, top down, not only a direct sequel in the zelda series, but a 3D follow up to link to the past.

They did vague wrong with the Wii-U launch, theyve since done vague pretty well with the Xenoblade/mech looking game for Wii-U but I think this had to be done just so, they have many people proclaiming them to be in a bit of a whole and this was just what was needed. Now all it needs is a Wii-U equivalent.

EDIT: To be honest, people are going to pick up on this that and the other anyway, I dont think its something Nintendo should worry about, although fan service is something big on their agenda so its likely there will be a few nods to please the people that loved the first one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
A Link Between Worlds, the spiritual successor to the SNES classic Link to the Past, has been set for release on November 22nd for the Nintendo 3DS - and its new dungeon system has been explained for the first time.

Unlike in previous Zelda games where dungeon order is largely prescribed, in A Link Between Worlds after a certain point you'll be able to tackle dungeons in any order, using tools and weapons that you can buy or hire from an in-game shop. The shop, staffed by a character called Ravio, was teased earlier this year in a Miiverse post.

A Link Between Worlds is the Zelda series first original outing on the Nintendo 3DS, following the release at launch of an updated Ocarina of Time - though from early impressions it looks as if this new Zelda won't be quite as bold as some of its predecessors.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-01-a-link-between-worlds-set-for-november-22nd-release

• 2 weeks later...