passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

31 minutes ago, mfnick said:

I had that or 2 back in day. I remember thinking it was very average. F-Zero and Wipeout were leagues ahead. 

Oh yeah, they were definitely better! F Zero by miles for me, Wipeout was too fiddly :D

I played Xtreme G3 on PS2 some years later. Friend of mine and myself bought it because it had a pretty girl on the cover and we couldn't stop laughing when we read that one female-only team was called 'Vixen' which is phonetically identical to a very puerile term for masturbation in my mother tongue. Yes, we were just as stupid as everyone else.

Anyway, never played the second one, but it's cool that they added it in here I think. Bit of a forgotten IP (or genre, rather).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maryokutai said:

That'll save us quite a bit of nonsense rumours gong into the summer, good.

Maybe... now it'll be even more about the possible specs 😅
I'm so happy (irrationally so) that we have something from Nintendo now!

Can’t believe the Switch has been around for 9 years. That seems insane to me. I was 27 when the Switch came out? Where that fucking time go, I want it back 😭

I remember getting the switch like it was a couple of years ago 

Sorry, just having a brain spasm when thinking about the time line

I got the OLED more recently so it doesn't feel like 9 years at all. It's bonkers that I picked up my first one back then, FML. I'll be well into my 50's before Switch 3 comes out, gah.
I'd also take the time back :D

I think 9 years refers to when they first talked about NX but yeah, it's been a while. I honestly find it hard to get excited for whatever's next, but that's mostly due to the current industry climate and personal life stuff. But maybe Metroid Prime 4 can change that.

Btw. Nintendo also released a couple of numbers recently, most of it big money stuff that's not interesting, but they seem to be at an almost exact 50:50 split of retail vs. digital sales now, a significantly lower pro digital ratio than its competition, which is good to see.

Alexa find replace 27 for 29 but maintain mid-life crisis subject matter and panic. Go 

Maybe what I need isn't a Switch 2 but a motorbike and a tattoo of a motorbike 🤔

Or Mario Galaxy 3 as a launch game CAN YOU IMAGINE NO YOU CAN NOT 

10 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The older you get the faster time goes

Dwarf, please, I need you to dial back the anxiety inducing realness by a multiplication of a lot 

56 minutes ago, Maf said:

You're coming with me @Nag 🤘

47 minutes ago, Nag said:

I'll beat you there...😂

simpsons-fight.gif

All monkeys aside they can't have much going for the Switch for the next 6 months. Maybe a Super Mario Galaxy 2 remake is possible. I'd love that 

12 hours ago, Maf said:

All monkeys aside they can't have much going for the Switch for the next 6 months. Maybe a Super Mario Galaxy 2 remake is possible. I'd love that 

I wonder if there will be some big hitter that straddles both consoles, like BotW did? (it can only be Prime 4 btw, haha).

I'd also love more Mario Galaxy. This is the most fun part of a new console, the big series' should get some awesome new iterations! It's hard to quell my excitement, need to stop engaging 😂

Here's something to keep you occupied until next March:

(Depending on your age this is either a joke post or a serious one. The Deluxe Edition looks neat.)