passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What has happened to my 3DS XL?

hinn888

I fully charged my 3DSXL yestersay, everything was working fine.

Today i played NSMB2 and quite out to the home menu where i left it in sleep mode to streetpass

Get home and its doing this, Nothing is loading at all on the bottom screen other than a white line.

Everything still works the same but i cant see anything, sometimes when you press the power button it switches off straight away.

I was on it like 3 hours ago!

photo03092012231727.jpg

photo03092012230530.jpg

Have you turned it off and on again?

That was actually in the step by step guide on the Nintendo site. :facepalm:

I requested a repair and sent an e-mail but i have to wait for a reply before i can send it, hopefully before i leave!

• 3 weeks later...

There was tonnes, literally.

Even in the first train i got onto someone was on their XL.

From then on i was always surrounded by them :(

Then at the Pokemon Centre, there was a whole room just for Ds users and then over flowed to outside

Thanks for the reminder Sly :(

They put a game out that doesn't really work outside of Japan. I bet when the new puzzles come out the Japanese have them finished within the week. My streetpass is full of puzzles that will never ever get finished ever. Those pink pieces are like rocking horse shit. I think out of legitimate use nobody in the UK will ever actually see all of the puzzles completed unless they have a group of friends who all religiously carry their 3DS' about. I only managed to finish the street quest because I was getting 1 or 2 hits per day of the lad. As a design it's very secular. It works in Japan, but everyone else is basically fucked. I'd be surprised if most American 3DS users ever got a hit.

Its just more of a culture thing in japan, over here its more like take your 3ds in your pocket get mugged its just how things are. If nintendo only released the function for japan we would all be trying to import one just to try it, even though you wouldn't get any more hits as it were.

I don't think you can blame Nintendo for us not really taking our handhelds out of the house

They must have realised at some point that it wasn't a great idea for non-jap users. I don't understand why the capped the coin limit to 10 per day either. The steps thing should have worked like an XP system where you get a coin for each level up, or a free hard to get puzzle piece for bigger milestones. It's a great idea but I think the badly implemented it.