MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS XL

Manicm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/903511-circle-pad-pro-confirmed-for-3ds-xl

The newly announced 3DS XL will be getting its own version of the Circle Pad Pro controller, although it's not yet been confirmed for anywhere but Japan and it has no release date beyond this year. There's no picture of it yet either, with its existence merely mentioned in passing during an interview in Famitsu magazine.

The Circle Pad Pro for the original 3DS was first released in Japan last December and is a plastic cradle into which the 3DS fits, giving it a second Circle Pad analogue slider on the right and two extra shoulder buttons at the top.

Although many Western gamers saw it as acknowledgement of a design flaw in the original 3DS, the Circle Pad Pro was originally designed purely for Capcom's Monster Hunter 3 G, which is yet to be released outside of Japan.

The most prominent Western-released game to use it is Resident Evil Revelations, with which the peripheral was bundled when it was released in Europe in January.

Since then though no other new games have been announced which use it and the list of compatible titles remains very thin: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (but only the Japanese version), Metal Gear Solid 3D, Dynasty Warriors VS, Kid Icarus: Uprising (but only to support left-handed people), and the forthcoming Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

Many gamers have overestimated the Circle Pad Pro's intended importance, with the peripheral only being sold in GameStop in the US. A new version is needed for the 3DS XL simply because it's too big to fit the old one, but there doesn't seem to ever have been any intention to include a second Circle Pad on the console itself.

The same Famitsu interview also confirms that the 3DS XL will be 'compatible' with the stand that comes with Kid Icarus: Uprising, although again that's the only game to suggest its use.

So there you go. Why not just bang in on the unit itself and make sure that all games work with just the left C-pad I dont know.

I really don't think i would buy the right control stick again as an add on, the one i have for the smaller 3ds i don't use so no need, just hoping they will release Luigi's Mansion intime for the 3ds xl would make my summer!!

Because the devs dont know if the system is there. If it was made standard they could make dual stick games all they wanted. More control is never a bad thing.

it still wouldn't be there in several million cases. At this point there's no point in Nintendo pushing it, if loads of developers had made use of the circle pad then yeah, but as it stands they'd be catering to a market that doesn't exist

Its a def for me as well, must admit i wasn't too impressed at first but the more i see it the more i want one, game are offering 25% extra trade-in on consoles at the moment so going to see how much they will give me for my blasck 3ds compared to the private sale, possibly pre-ordering one today.

For me, i use my 3ds mostly in bed (oo-er), when i can't sleep or just after a bad day at work i just curl up in bed and play mario kart or something. Plus i still have my limited edition 3ds which im keeping, unless someone wants to give me £1k like some of the ebay idiots are bidding for.

I'm so confused why you're both getting one. You both own a 3DS right? This just doesn't seem perticularly portable.

none of my portable consoles really get taken anywhere, so i'd prefer the bigger screens over portability. not sure if i'm going to get one yet though.

Popped into Game this morning, thought early trade-in before the big influx as it were. Offered me £75 for trade in against for my 3ds. Then said if i traded 3 other games as well i would get £100 for the console. Or if i traded it in against a 3ds xl on the launch week i would get £105 for my Black 3ds, so yep i will do that.

Deposit paid, and black 3ds all boxed and ready for trade in. The last time i pre-ordered a console was a Wii, at least this time i know what im getting.

They didn't mention it at all, ive transferred all my stuff across to my other 3ds already it took 30 mins and needs an internet connection. You can only transfer 5 times in total, so ive already used 1 of my 5.

I know you can't just stick a memory card in and it will work, its very well copy protected, its a pity you can't back it up online or via a pc like you can on the Vita, i can back that up to my PS3 or PC within seconds.

Cheers, shame there isn't a game/game station round here or I'd ask about it.

Also not got much stuff on your vita? I transferred stuff from my 8gb card to a 16gb one yesterday and it took hours (well it took ages I wasn't really timing it).

Not my original no nope it was 4gb to a 32gb, i only had a few game saves a couple of downloaded games, since getting the bigger card it may take a bit longer. Got quite a few games on the card now.

Gamestation are currently offering £105 trade for a 3DS, but that price is going to drop after the XL releases. My local store said there's nothing they can do about the system transfer from my 3DS to the XL, as they don't have wireless Internet. I can trade it in afterwards but the price will have lowered quite considerably by then, I expect.