passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

FIFA 12 SCAM

sibernet

Rang up MS, they've started the investigation. Advised me not to remove the credit card yet as they'll need it for returning the money.

He looked at my buying history and I still have the 4000 odd points on there, none spent, just GoD games bought on the card.

Me changing the password?

I was in work when I got the emails confirming the purchases so the only thing I could think of doing was change the hotmail password, which I have done, but signing into my 360 never asked me for the new password. Unless that's because mine is set to be open for me, anyone else downloading my tag would have to use the new password I guess.

Never mind, you meant Hinn after the investigation was done.

Im desperately trying to remove my card from my Xbox account and i cant because its tied in to my misses account too. So i log in to hers and every time i remove it an error occors when trying to turn automatic renewal off. This is fucking infuriating. If this happens to me in the short time and my account gets hacked im going to seriously think about my future with Microsoft.

Nag, did you change your password to Xbox live recently?

Ive actually just started playing Fifa 12 so ive not been haxored. Nag, want me to send it you at some point? Its pretty easy to get about another 80 points without playing any football? More if you can play a few games. There's a guide on TA that can talk you through it.

I'm a bit confused by all this... Are these twats using some security flaw in FIFA12 to gain access to accounts, or are they doing that through other means but spending our points/cash on FIFA12 DLC?

I just tried the card removal method that Hinn menntioned - didn't work for me, so I'll give them a call after work...

Just browsing some of the support pages on xbox.com, and came across an option for 'live support chat'. I've never noticed this on xbox.com before, but I guess it might come in handy...

And just out of interest, you guys that have been hacked already... how secure were your original passwords? Were they alphanumeric?

I was also wondering that as well. Also, is your password the same as what you use on forums or any other website that might not be as secure. Some one might have got hold of an SQL dump from another website and matching usernames to passwords on XBL. Just a thought.

TRob - They use your card/points to buy Ultimate Team packs (fifa) which they then sell on ebay (with Hendo it was Games on Demand), I'm not sure what happens with your account, whether they download your profile on to another 360 to get to the money or sell the profile too (I think the former). There isn't likely to be a problem with Fifa because I don't think anyone in this thread has the game, so it wont have their details. It could get in through EA profiles conceivably, but that requires you to A. have an xbox, B. have signed in to EA's servers, and C. use the same details for that and xbox

@Jimbo, I think it is that, I suspect a Microsoft site has been hacked, or possibly the data stolen more directly, there doesn't seem to be any correlation beyond Microsoft themselves

Is it not an exploit on MS' site where you can recover a profile that doesn't belong to you? You can basically keep guessing until you are in, then it's just a case of hijacking that shit and doing what you want with it.

I saw a video showing how a hacker could get control of your profile back, having accessed it before - due to some of the information required on the Windows live recovery page being info you can view and note down from the xbox dashboard.

I think it's a mixture of phishing & social engineering, making use of weaknesses in account recovery processes and possibly shitty call centre staff.

I also wonder if it's got anything to do with the spate of gaming sites & services hacked last year yielding loads of emails and usernames/tags.

Is anyone here that has been hacked part of these networks though? I'm struggling to see any connections.

I find it VERY odd that so many people from such a small site have been hacked. Thats a crazy hit rate for this hack.

Is anyone here that has been hacked part of these networks though?

Steam? PSN? Various other gaming sites. I'll guess yes.

How many people use the same email address for these? How many use their gamertags on multiple sites/services?

Who knows if it's related, but if there are a bunch of email addresses and potential userames out there of people u know are gamers, it might be a starting place.

But I think the most important lesson we need to take from this sorry affair, is that all people who play football games are terrible human beings.

Is anyone here that has been hacked part of these networks though? I'm struggling to see any connections.

I find it VERY odd that so many people from such a small site have been hacked. Thats a crazy hit rate for this hack.

This is what I'm talking about. If it was more widely spread I imagine we would be hearing more about it. I don't use any other forums, so don't know how many other people are effected, but it does seem weird that so many of use have been.

there's a massive thread on neogaf about it, in fact there's a thread about it on the football forum I post on somewhere (not seen it in a while). It's well known in gaming circles but you're average person probably doesn't take their console online, and if they do might not use their card/have never purchased anything.

I think it made the Sun a few months back