passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

3DS News Thread

Manicm

Game.co.uk 3ds games for sale via download? how does that work? do they email you a code to use on the e-shop or download full game to pc then transfer across?

Was thinking about getting Donkey Kong, seen it as £29.99 to download, haven't checked actual e-shop prices yet, but if its the same price will go nintendo direct.

• 2 weeks later...

New games in the StreetPass Mii Plaza available now! £4.49 each or buy all three for £13.49

The four games are shmup StreetPass Squad, gardening title StreetPass Garden, feudal strategy StreetPass Battle and puzzle adventure StreetPass Mansion.

Squad is developed by Good-Feel, the team behind Kirby's Epic Yarn, while Ocarina of Time 3D studio Grezzo handled Garden. Battle is the work of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon developer Spike Chunsoft. Ivy the Kiwi outfit Prope handled Mansion.

3DS owners were notified of the firmware update overnight, although European users have been experiencing crashes while trying to download the games.

We've yet to hear anything of the update from Nintendo officially - did someone push the button on this too soon?

"Now StreetPass Mii Plaza will have two kinds of games," users are told once the update has been installed. "Firstly the existing games that have been here all along. And secondly, the all-new games that you purchase!

"When you play them, you will recieve hats and plaza tickets for achieving certain goals. Plaza tickets can be exchanged for even more new Mii accessories. You might find a new favourite!"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-18-nintendo-adds-paid-dlc-games-and-hats-to-3ds-streetpass-app

I like the look of Squad and Mansion, unsure of the other two. I might just go for the c-c-c-combo deal, though.

EDIT: Pocket Gamer have a good summary of the games. http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Nintendo+3DS/news.asp?c=51693

I bought the Combo Pack yesterday. I bought them ok, but it crashed when downloading. I ended up downloading each of the four games separately from the StreetPass menu, seemed to work fine that way. I've only played Squad and Mansion so far, both are excellent. I'm currently getting five or six StreetPass hits a day, which is very handy.

I get one or two every 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm surprised places that sell games don't have a console set up solely for spotpass. If it gets 3DS users into your shop even for a browse it has to be worth it, especially as they are going to come back. For just over hundred quid you've got yourself a very effective way of bringing in a certain type of market.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yuji Naka's Rodea the Sky Soldier still coming to Wii, 3DS:

About two and a half years back, Yuji Naka's Prope studio announced a new Wii / 3DS title called Rodea the Sky Soldier, which looked like a much more action-oriented NiGHTS into Dreams. The title sounded promising enough that I named it one of my most anticipated games of 2012, but unfortunately, publisher Kadokawa Shoten decided to sit on the completed Wii version and offer no further details on the state of the 3DS version.

In a recent interview with 4Gamer, Kadokawa president Yoshimi Yasuda revealed that the game is still coming and that the reason for the silence was simply a lack of media interest (Hey! I was interested!). Since the Wii version relies heavily on the Wii Remote, the past year or so has been spent working with the 3DS to figure out a sensible control scheme. The 3DS build is currently 70% complete, and more information will arrive in the near future.

http://www.destructoid.com/yay-yuji-naka-s-rodea-the-sky-soldier-still-exists--258864.phtml

Trailer from 2011:

http://youtu.be/WJl8cccYwfA

apparently Naka has had nothing to do with the 3DS version as he didn't think the controls would translate over. I'd be a bit surprised if the game comes out here at all, but I can't see the Wii version making it out. I wonder how import friendly it would be