passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Computer Questions Thread

DANGERMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of back’n’forth with the PC company but looks like they found it. They tried telling me they played Helldivers 2 on it for hours and it was fine. I said it was never an issue with length of play time, just booting the PC

IMG_0576.jpeg

Just wondering how long to get it back now. I miss not having to negotiate on settings 😭

The thing I’m wondering is what to do with my 3080. Playing on it again. It still holds up fine. Helldivers 2 was like 70fps on a mix of medium, high and 4K DLSS. It also has 2TB of memory on it so it’s perfectly fine for all the older games. I just deleted stuff off it that it can’t really run. Alan Wake 2, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, etc. Save those for the 4090

Just not sure what to do with it or when I would use it. But it’s a shame it’s just going to sit there when it’s perfectly good computer 

EDIT: 1st world problems, but a problem none the less 

Oh, I’m sorry @mfnick I didn’t mean to read like it was for sale, although I can see how it does. My bad. 

I don’t know what I’m going to do with it, but I’ll be keeping it because I’ll end up needing it for something (kind of like now when my new one is broke)

Thanks for asking, though! 

I’ve not set my PC up in a smart place for streaming. Right next to a window, right next to a main road. So investing in a mic makes no sense. 

I will buy a headset over the next few days or so 

If you can you need to spend an hour maybe just tinkering. 

These are mine for this one setting which should give you a nice foundation to work off.

image.png

What happens here is the mic will only open once you speak into it and stay open when you are speaking, but you don't want it too aggressive because it will clip the ends of your words and generally shutting and opening the mic sounds a bit jarring. It's something you will have to have a play about with depending on how loud, fast and staccato you speak.

The other two you can put on and they will just make your voice sound a bit better. A lot of it comes down to your own voice though. What's the saying? You can't polish a turd?