passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock Infinite

Hendo

Two special editions of BioShock Infinite have been unveiled by Irrational Games boss Ken Levine.

The Ultimate Songbird Edition is the most lavish and includes a nine-and-a-half-inch statue of the game's iconic avian enemy. In the US it costs $149.99 (about £93).

It's "the coolest statue ever", Levine claimed in a just-published blog post. The piece was designed by talented concept artist and Irrational veteran Robb Waters, he who dreamt up BioShock's Little Sisters.

Other goodies include a linen-bound 64-page artbook, a 25mm Handyman figurine, a propaganda poster lithograph, 3" Murder of Crows bottle keychain and a digital soundtrack.

In-game items include three exclusive Gear power-ups: Bull Rush to strike down foes when you melee; Extra! Extra! to earn money from collecting audio logs; and Betrayer to see enemies explode in a damaging ball of flames upon death.

Xbox 360 players get Booker and Elizabeth avatar costumes, while PC and PlayStation 3 gamers receive Themes.

The Ultimate Songbird Edition will include all of the above, while the standard Special Edition will include everything but the statue for $79.99. European pre-orders will begin on Monday, 22nd October - expect to see local pricing then.

BioShock Infinite is due to launch on 26th February after a long and delayed development. This week more staff were reported as having left the project for pastures new, after earlier high-profile departures in August. New gameplay footage - the first in many months - is due to be unveiled this weekend.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-18-bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-includes-monstrous-statue

Image in link.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, slightly different than weve seen before. What exactly does 'in-engine' footage mean though?

It means it's rendered by the game engine rather than being cgi video, while also being careful to make sure not to call it in-game. So probably hi-spec hardware, and not necessarily going to be exactly as it may appear in game.

• 1 month later...

BioShock Infinite will not include a multiplayer portion, series creator Ken Levine has confirmed.

Developer Irrational Games was known to have been working on several multiplayer modesearlier this year. Levine announced in August that at least two of these had been cut.

Levine last night revealed the lack of multiplayer while responding to a fan query on Twitter(as spotted by Evil Avatar).

"No multi", he wrote.

Irrational had been working on a Spec Ops mode, which allowed four players to blast through levels from the single-player campaign. A tower defense-style mode was also cut. It had shrunken players battling enemy toys in a steampunk arcade machine.

Work on a multiplayer offering - which by job postings was seemingly only embarked upon this year - may have caused the game's delay into early 2013. The original BioShock eschewed multiplayer, a decision reversed for sequel BioShock 2 which lacked Levine's involvement.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-26-bioshock-infinite-has-no-multiplayer-creator-confirms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yikes, well this has to be good news I guess. For some reason I feel like im supposed to not like this game, and my initial reaction was to try and think of a way that these scores were wrong or something like that, think im going to have to give this ago then.

Some of the reviews on metacritic for these are frighteningly full of praise, statements like:

'It’s a watershed moment for our industry, and I’d be hard pressed to tell you that anything that came before is better. More so, however, I can’t imagine that anything else, in my lifetime, will top this.'

:o

Really considering getting this on PC. I presume it has controller support? Silly question I know.

I just hope it's worth dialling back the settings to get into run ok or I could get it on 360 and not have to worry about that, but might not look as nice.