passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

• 1 month later...

this sums up something that's frustrating me a bit about Giant Bomb, and has for a fair old while now. I'd hoped when Dan left and they took some time to plan some stuff we'd see an end to this, but it doesn't look like it. They play the same games so often. 

You're going to get regular features, Alex is playing that wrestling thing, Vinny will play a Castlevania, but they've played so much Mario on the site the last few years, so much Nancy Drew, multiple Sims streams. It's all way too familiar at the minute, possibly it's that they're not producing enough content to mitigate the familiar stuff, but the live stream tonight, for example, is another Mario

I was just hoping the wrestling would go away but now Sims has come up to take it’s place. Not sure but there is a strong possibility I’ve never cared about a game less than the Sims. 

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Nancy Drew games as well. Yeesh. They are so terrible and I give tremendous credit to Vinny on the podcast for trying to give a shit and trying to have that conversation.

Not trying to pick on Abby, I like her Halloween feature. But these two games are really fucking boring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty weird stream. The east coast guys were streaming something and CBS offices got evacuated for virus stuff. Bit scary. They still trucked on and played a terrible wrestling game about rappers

I hope we get some really stupid solo playthroughs. Jeff and his wife playing FFX, or something like that.

fair play to them for streaming so much and producing more content than they would if they were in the office, but I wish they were broadening their scope more. It feels like every time I've switched on they're playing something they've played 100 times