passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

David

Just spotted this on hotukdeals

Over the weeked Tesco Entertainment are running a deal where you can Preorder a 3DS for only £179, plus £10 for an additional game. For the game you need to enter code: 3DSPreorder-1 Dont forget you can also get 9% quidco! Offer Terms: ..*Offer only available to customers who pre-order both the 3DS hardware and software at the same time. Please add both items to your basket and enter promotional code 3DSPreorder-1 to gain the discount. Only one discounted game available per piece of hardware. Offer ends 23:59:59 on 14th March 2011. This offer is for personal use only and Tesco Entertainment reserve the right to withdraw or amend this promotion where we reasonably suspect abuse of this promotion.

Shame about the price matching at Gamestation, pretty sure I'm stuck with £220, oh well.

That Tesco deal has been amended. They have done a quick MS paint job on it and swapped the 7 and 9 around, lol.

Still good at £207 for a 3DS and any game though - and quidco if you use it at 9% which makes it £188 if it works on deals.

Beats Gamestation hands down, I'm looking at £255, huge difference!!

Yeah can't say I totally disagree with the general review, it's quite critical, and stuff like it feeling cheaper than the iPhone could be down to the circa 400 quid price difference for example, but I would agree that you've got to see it before you buy it, and that there will definitely be a nicer model in a year or so which will make more sense to buy...basically it's the issue with early adoption as with any gadget, but I don't think it applies more heavily here than with any previous gadget (the example of superior build quality, the iPhone 4, i seem to remember not working for a lot of people) so that's why I'm saying the review is on the critical side.

Ed, where are you getting those pre-orders from? Does this mean zavvi are taking payment?

Yeah, I'm OK with another upgrade in a year or so if it improves on the design - not sure what that entails yet, it felt fine to me when I had a go, we'll see what prolonged play is like.

Good review though, nice to see some proper detail.

Well there's the weird edges they added for no apparent reason, plus the less than great battery life. So there's scope for a better looking, better performing one a little further down the line.

I'd put money on there been a revision within 18 months.

Ed, where are you getting those pre-orders from? Does this mean zavvi are taking payment?

ShopTo. You can pay for preorders at any point with them, and as I was paying via Paypal I thought I may as well do it now. 12 days!

I'm still tempted by Lego Star Wars III, and I want to see some more of the Ghost Recon game.

Ed: 12 long days!

I have my eye on Ghost Recon too, thinking of swapping my pre-order over to it from SF, not THAT crazy for fighters really. Mind you, I did really enjoy the last DoA I played...