passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 3

Hendo

Every Eric Clapton song would just look wrong.

yeah good point, a lot of songs have bends, which this won't support (well i guess it could but i'm pretty sure it won't), maybe that's something for rb4? it's still come a long way from 5 buttons and a strummer!

Maybe it senses which string is vibrating and cross references it with which sensors are picking up. Which is something else it would have to take into account, I bend 2,3,4,5 and 6 up and 1 down, where pretty much every one else bends 1,2,3,4 and 5 down and 6 up. I am sure I won't be the only one who does it the other way round, a note bend is a note bend.

maybe its just not meant to be Sly?

The guitar was always going to be a toughy, it's an instrument that can be played in loads of ways and the tech won't be able encompass it all. But it will get you on the right track, and with a little research or lessons and you'll soon catch up with the rest of the stuff.

I doubt many will walk into RB3 and six months later become a guitarist, but it will do a decent job of setting you on the right path.

• 1 month later...

Prices - hold on tight.

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard with Rock Band 3 software included - £109.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and £99.99 (Wii)

* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-GUITAR Controller - £124.99

* Guitar, mic and keyboard stands - £24.99 each

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard - £69.99

* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-DRUM and PRO-CYMBALS Kit - £119.99

* Other guitars including bass - £59.99 to £84.99

* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER - £34.99

* Rock Band 3 Microphone - £24.99

The real Squire guitar won't be out till next year and will be about 200 quid apparently.

Looks like I'll have to find £110 from somewhere.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

The tab in pro mode looks mental. No matter what your actual guitar ability, you'd have to start on Easy to get to grips with tab being thrown at your face like that.

Looks like notes bend themselves, look at the solo on Crazy Train. Still looks great for people wanting to learn guitar though, the fact that it says the chord name on the side will force you into getting really good at finding the right place without having to look at the fretboard. Might even do wonders for current guitar players spacial awareness.

Free tracks to download when it comes out:

For one week only three The Doors songs will be given to anyone who buys Rock Band 3 and plays online for free, MTV Games has announced.

From 26th October to 1st November you'll be able to download "Light My Fire," "Riders on the Storm" and "Touch Me," along with the Pro Guitar and Pro Bass add-ons for each song, from the Rock Band 3 in-game music store.

12 The Doors tracks will be added to the Rock Band music store to coincide with the launch of the third game in the series on 29th October.

The nine-pack of songs from The Doors includes "Hello, I Love You," "L.A. Woman," "Love Her Madly" and "Roadhouse Blues".

In Europe the tracks will be available on PS3 on 27th October – a Wednesday - the day the EU PS Store normally updates.

After the promotion ends on 1st November, The Doors' Rock Band downloads will be available for purchase only as individual songs or in a bundle of all 12 songs.

The Doors' "Break On Through (To the Other Side)" comes on the disc soundtrack.

Riders On The Motherfucking Storm!!!

Now I really need that keyboard.

Not sure if the cheevos have been posted yet... I don't have the individual gamerscores for them though...

There seems to be a fair few 'Pro-mode' related ones in there, which is sort of fair enough, but also a few DLC related ones, which is surprising as I thought that went against Microsoft's rules...?

Just Another Band Out of Boston - 5 Star any Boston song.

Rock Band Legend - 5 Star every song in Rock Band 3 on Hard

Bass Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Drums Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Drums (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Guitar Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Guitar (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Keys Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Keys (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Pro Bass Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Pro Bass (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Pro Guitar Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Pro Guitar (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Pro Keys Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Pro Keys (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Vocal Apprentice - 5 Starred on Easy Vocals (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 25 Rock Band 3 songs.

Rock Band Master - 5 Starred on Medium (or 3 Starred on a higher difficulty) 50 Rock Band 3 songs.

Rock Band Immortal - 5 Starred the Rock Band 3 disc on Expert.

Accountant's Dozen - Beat 12 downloaded songs.

Decent Collection - Beat 20 downloaded songs.

Fistful of Awesome - Beat 5 downloaded songs.

Dave Grohl Band - Beat 5 songs from any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member.

Alex's Luggage Combination - Beat a Rock Band 3 score of 12,345,678.

Live Free or Die - Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band.

Tune Up - Calibrated your audio/video setup for the optimal Rock Band 3 experience.

Wilderness Survival - Complete the "Through the Wilderness, Eh?" Road Challenge.

Real Nor'easter - Completed "The Wicked Awesome Tour".

Hometown Threwdown - Completed the "Hometown Throwdown" Road Challenge.

Complex Chords - Completed the "More Chord Holding and Arpeggiation" Pro Guitar lessons.

Power Chords - Completed the "Power Chords" lessons in the Pro Guitar trainer.

Mile High Club - Completed the "Really Frequent Flyers" Road Challenge.

Party Animal - Completed the "Total Debauchery" Road Challenge.

Drum Trainer Graduate - Completed the final Pro Drum Trainer lessons.

Pro Keys Graduate - Completed the final Pro Keys trainers.

Drum Trainer Initiate - Completed the introductory Pro Drum Trainer lessons.

Well Connected - Connected your Rock Band 3 Band with rockband.com.

Self-Made Dude or Lady - Created a Character.

Vocals Showmanship - Deployed overdrive four times in a single song as a vocalist.

Shameless Self-Promotion - Downloaded and played three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it.

Vocal Virtuoso - Earn an Awesome rating on at least 90% of the phrases in 6 songs on Hard Vocals.

Mercurial Vocalist - Earned 5 stars on Vocals on a downloaded Queen song.

Bleeding Fingers - Get 85% on all Guitar Solos in Rock Band 3 on Hard or Expert.

Bass Streaker - Get a streak of 500 notes on Bass.

Millionaire Club - Got 1,000,000 on one song.

Guitar Perfectionist - Got 100% accuracy on Expert Guitar.

The Connoisseur's Connoisseur - Got 90 or more spades on "The European Connoisseur" Road Challenge.

Major Mileage - Got 90 or more spades on "The Long Drive South" Road Challenge.

Keys Streaker - Got a streak of 350 notes on Keys.

Triple Awesome - Got a Triple Awesome while playing with Vocal Harmonies.

Tambourine Master - Hit 100% of the notes in a percussion section.

Most Authentic Strummer - Hit 100% of the notes, only strumming up, on Hard Bass.

Fastest Feet - Hit 90% of the Kick notes in a song on Hard Drums.

Pro Keyboardist - Hit at least 90% of the notes in 3 songs on Expert Pro Keys.

HOPO-cidal Maniac - Killed 53,596 Hammer-ons and Pull-offs.

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Maintained overdrive for 60 seconds.

Pro Keys to the Max - Max out your Score Multiplier meter on Pro Keys.

Pro Guitar to the Max - Maxed out your Score Multiplier meter on Pro Guitar.

Face Melter - Melted faces by beating three '80s Metal songs.

Drum Roll, Please! - Nailed a drum roll.

Is This Just Fantasy? - Nailed all triple awesomes in "Bohemian Rhapsody".

I Want It All - Play a downloaded Queen song.

Play a Real Guitar Already! - Played "The Hardest Button to Button" on Pro Guitar.

Downloader - Played a downloaded song.

Best. Name. Ever. - Renamed your band.

The Perfect Drug - Somehow managed a 200 note streak on "The Perfect Drug".

The Endless Setlist III - Sucessfully completed "The Endless Setlist III!"

Ultimate Road Warrior - Won all awards on the "Really Frequent Flyers" Road Challenge.

Hell Defrosted - Won all rewards on the "Hell Freezes Over" Road Challenge.

but also a few DLC related ones, which is surprising as I thought that went against Microsoft's rules...?

i think the game is getting 1250G, so the extra 250G is being added for DLC retroactively or something, i remember reading that somewhere anyway.

i think the game is getting 1250G, so the extra 250G is being added for DLC retroactively or something, i remember reading that somewhere anyway.

If that is the case for launch, that's pretty cool!

Just reading about the RB2 export. 5 tracks on the RB2 disc are being left behind :weep:

•"Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC

•"Any Way You Want It" by Journey

•"Battery" by Metallica

•"Give It Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

•"Spoonman" by Soundgarden

And on top of that, a couple more from RB1 have been disabled... :angry:

•"Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

•"Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden

The Chili's and Soundgarden ones are the only ones I care about. Wonder if that means Superunknown and some of the recent Chilis albums will be coming to DLC?

Yep same here (although "Let There Be Rock" was an awesomely epic marathon of a track)...

I seriously doubt they'll appear on future DLC though... It's more likely to be the ActiBlizzion effect - I noticed yesterday that Soundgarden have had their new 'Best of' album DLCed up especially for GH WoR... :facepalm: