passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Left 4 Dead 2

stoobie

Started this up for a quick go tonight to get a feel for the game before I venture into the multi. First impressions are really good. It took me a while to get Left 4 Dead but this one feels loads better. It feels chunkier and heavier - less like your character is floating and the guns seem to pack more of a punch. The melee weapons are great - taking an axe to the infected is great as is the machete.

The new special infected are fun and they are really annoying. The charger always comes out of nowhere and the jockey is a bastard. The daylight witch is annoying as well as she tends to mill around with lots of other infected so stray bullets often hit her.

I played the first mission on easy and I still think it was pretty hard. There seemed to be more set pieces and they weren't all defensive ones. The end mission

Filling the car with eights cans of gas

is a pain - especially on single - might be a bit easier on multi.

I had a quick go on multi - joined a game that was nearly done - I ended up at a

rock concert

and dispatched a load of infected using a

grenade launcher type gun and a box of fireworks

:) Good stuff.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't planning on getting this but forgot to cancel a preorder i made just to get the demo early :unsure: but did the first 2 levels (same ones as stoobie) on coop tonight and really enjoyed it :D found it pretty hard on normal with 3 of us, but then we were never that good at the first one. agree about the controls too, had difficulty aiming sometimes in the first one, they seem better now, but still not quite as good as stuff like cod/halo.

Been playing this all week now and LOVE it much more than the first.

I should note that over here i played alot of the first simply because it seems to be popular and its easy to find games.

Its so much harder than the original but in a good way. I haven't managed to finish one single campaign yet as we get stuck on the climaxes. Its brilliant though. This is how left4dead should be.

New weapons are awesome, graphics are improved and i love the weapon mods... adding lazer sights or incendiary rounds is a nice touch and forces you to do more than just decide between shotgun, AR or sniper and then simply pick up the next level up gun... Here you really think about what you are picking up because if you switch up a gun you lose your mod.... but gain new ammo.

Online versus is epic once again and the new infected actually balance out the playing field. Its not so much about completing each stage anymore as it is about just doing more damage to the other team. Little waypoints are in place as well that pop up and tell you 'the survivors are 25% way through'. Little things like this make it a much more rounded experience.

I am making the most of versus while the game is still new and people don't know all the little tricks yet. Left4Dead one got silly with people knowing all the best spots to camp in when a horde comes along and the kids here take it WAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously. You shoot a boomer when its in close by mistake once and thats it... they vote to kick you out the game.... Grrrrrrrrr.

The spec is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

Looks like the minimum spec is almost the same as the recommended one for Episode 2.

Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz

Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better

Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

I've tried each level on my own once and I can't finish any of them on normal. It was only the swamp one where I got to the end, it really is harder and I was never that good at it anyway. I tried a little some co-op with some GTM'ers and a brief cameo from Sly (he fucked off and let us die while he took the chopper, proper cunt) and we certainly had better luck lasting most of the duration. I think what does make a difference it the AI still can't use granades and stategic use of them can make horde attacks much easier to deal with.

I can't seem to join any Vs or any of the other modes though so I haven't tried them yet, which I really want to do.

The spec is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

Looks like the minimum spec is almost the same as the recommended one for Episode 2.

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better

Recommended:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

Looks like I can just about do it, I can run TF2, Portal, Episode 2 and Left4Dead without any issue, they just have long loading times.

This is absolutely amazing. Met all my expectations for untamed awesomeness. Harder than I expected but not so hard where I would play it on easy with a full team like I noticed some jessies on my friendslist doing. Shame be on those people.

I've tried each level on my own once and I can't finish any of them on normal. It was only the swamp one where I got to the end, it really is harder and I was never that good at it anyway. I tried a little some co-op with some GTM'ers and a brief cameo from Sly (he fucked off and let us die while he took the chopper, proper cunt) and we certainly had better luck lasting most of the duration. I think what does make a difference it the AI still can't use granades and stategic use of them can make horde attacks much easier to deal with.

I can't seem to join any Vs or any of the other modes though so I haven't tried them yet, which I really want to do.

If I was there from the start, you guys would have had a much easier ride. It was far easier playing with you guys than it was playing with Bob and co, because his bros are not very good and would often cause us more hassle by messing about or being slow. We did let them down in the carnival scenario though, we left them to get incapacitated while we played whack a mole. :lol:

You were asking about avatar awards last night Stoobie, if you go into the achievements section of the menu and press "Y" it shows you what you have to do to get the items available.

The Medipack is unlocked for surviving a whole campaign.

The Depeche Mode shirt is unlocked when you get the gnome on the helicopter rescue on the carnival scenario.

There is a shirt for killing 10,000 infected, I think it is the zombie hand.

There is a shirt for winning 10 scavenge games, I think it has the "4" splattered on it.

There is a shirt for winning 10 Vs games, I have no idea what is on this shirt yet.

All of these awards are gettable, even for people not as 1337 at zombie killing as me. The gnome one was a bit of a pain in the rectum, but as long as you persevere you should be fine with it. Just make sure you keep talking to your squad and it should make it to the chopper eventually.

You were asking about avatar awards last night Stoobie, if you go into the achievements section of the menu and press "Y" it shows you what you have to do to get the items available.

The Medipack is unlocked for surviving a whole campaign.

I heard Once you survive all campaigns you will unlock a medipack

is it true you get a medi pack for surviving a campaign, i can't seem to find out anywhere...

Got this today and really enjoying it, the maps seem so much bigger now! It takes me quite a while to figure where to go. Plus so many different weapons i dont know whats better now.

Does the witches freak anyone else out? I was OK with them crying in L$D but now they walk around i think she going over there i go this way, crying gets louder, turn around and shes wandered off elsewhere, not knowing where shes gna pop up!

I think something is gone wrong somewhere. It seems popular games seem to be broken online. I get signed out of LIVE everytime I get into a game of this. I know it's not just me either, someone I play with online suffers from the exact same problem. we tried to play with DC and it just wasn't playing ball. It's like what happened on the Christmas of 2007 when LIVE broke from been flooded with loads of new traffic. Anyone else here having these problems?