passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PS3 top 3 so far

Guest Brando

Yo All,

What are your top 3 ps3 exclusives and why?? Struggling with why I own a ps3 at the moment. I'm sick of FPS but can apprecaite others are not :D.

Cheers,

Olly

"Anything actually worth playing on the PS3" :huh:

Personally I prefer the PS3's exclusives over the 360's, but meat/poison and all that

Metal gear has its problems but it converted me to the MGS world. The action parts are brilliant, the cut scenes are at times incredible and funny, and the stealth is a bit more open than previous games. I can see why people wouldnt like it and there's definitely low points, but it's right up with the best games this gen imo

I really liked Flower. I went back to it a few weeks back, my parents have recently got a new tv, so as I'd taken my ps3 back with me I thought I'd show them something that showed it off (beyond the fishing programmes and quiz shows they usually watch). The thing that stood out about it was that I still really enjoyed it, that it wasnt just me buying into its style, looks or hype first time around. Gameplay wise it doesnt play like much else, and it was a nice antidote to other things.

No idea what my 3rd favourite game is tbh. There's a lot I've enjoyed like Uncharted, Motorstorm, LBP and Eden, but I get the feeling that the games i've not got round to yet are more likely to fit my tastes (Folklore, Valkyria, Disgaea 3).

Frankly while I dont think this generation has really hit its stride yet, or at least is a bit one-trick (waaaaay too many fps games imo), there's plenty of games on each system worth playing, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Uncharted, definitely. It barely puts a foot wrong, and Lucas and Spielberg could do with visiting Naughty Dog to get tips on how to do a proper Indiana Jones. Can't wait for the next one.

inFAMOUS - just started this back up and got right back into it. It certainly fills the hole that Crackdown left. You could argue it takes Crackwdown and actually finishes what they started.

I think the third would have to be Metal Gear Solid 4, though I'll also sneak LittleBigPlanet in there as they're both flawed but brilliant games.

Motorstorm 2 is the best racer this gen me thinks.

LittleBigPlanet is loads of fun, might go back to that and see how the user created stuff is coming on.

Thats only two but there are plenty of honourable mentions, Wipeout HD, Flower, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles and loads of boys and girls like that Metal Gear 4 thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I ought to just use this thread eh?!

So, its here and I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Already ordered Uncharted.

I have inFamous, Fifa 10 and Wet, all of which are getting traded in I think. inFamous is the only one I might enjoy but it doesn't look like the type of thing I'd like so its going!

Will hopefully get Motorstorm2 and then the rest will likely be downloads for now until I finish Uncharted and can get the 2nd... can't wait for that day! Might even be cheaper then...

I'll get myself hooked up with Wipeout and some PixelJunk stuff this eve I think

Tempted by MGS4, but I've not played the others so I think it might be wasted on me!

I didn't really get riff at all. It just felt really sterile and I got bored quick.

yeah fair enough, everyone likes different things. out of all the recent twin stick shooters it's probably my favorite (maybe joint with geometry wars 2) i like how each level has a different scoring system, the first is a bit like every extend, where you want to avoid shooting most stuff, and the music/sound effects are ace too. but then everyone else seems to like motorstorm 2 but i thought it was a bit rubbish.

I think it even says in game that he recomends playing it with the face buttons, it is a homage to shooters in the digital age after all. I really liked it, the music is great. That level with the eyes is as about as close to being in an early seventies state of mind as I'll ever get.

I really wanted to like Riff, it had a lot of charm, looked and sounded great but the way you collected points was silly. It shouldn't be that fiddly, especially when the points unlock stuff like extra lives which I need because I am a big sissy on games like that.

Wipeout HD is deffo getting a top 3 spot from me.

Gave Flower a go, thought I would hate it but spent at least an hour solid on it... really nice game, lookign forward to finishing it. Also tried PixelJunk Eden, might have to but this one, not sure what longevity it has though.

I tried the Motorstorm 2 demo, I had pretty high expectations (this one of my reasons for buying a PS3) and felt really let down. It is all floaty to control, feels sluggish and I didn't enjoy it. I will try again though, there must be something good there as it did get great reviews!