passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadow Complex

DANGERMAN

I started up the trial, it got to where the first achievement popped up and said about buying the game and I thought, "Who am I trying to kid?" and duly paid up.

:lol: I did exactly the same thing. You still have a fair way to go as well if you can't destroy the blue obstacles. It took me 7 hours to finish with 77% of items, I took my time and got lost for about 30 minutes in the middle. Overall, fantastic game and one of the best on Arcade.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm properly stuck. :(

I've just picked up the missiles so I can get through red doors, and I'm on my way to save Claire again. I'm meant to go up this shaft thing but there's a big fan in the way and it's stopping me from getting up because the force is pushing me back down. I can't do a speedy run at because either end are crawling vents, so I can't get the run up. Any help? I've tried firing missiles, foam and grenades at it but no dice.

Also, apparently the author whose work this is based on, doesn't like teh gayz.

Hopefully this helps.

You have to use the elevators to go up and down a few floors and take out the generator above it. If you find the nearest lift there should be a floor panel that allows you below the lift, you can jump and hang on the bottom of the lift and a little interface appears and lets you move the lift up or down, as you are going up there are shootable vents that you can go into

Ok, I need some help with this. I didnt want to ask for help but it's clear I'm either doing this all wrong or the game is incredibly strict with the timing.

I'm in the air vent underneath a room with laser barriers. I can only pass the barrier as the soldier above me does, there's a soldier walking the opposite way too. When i get to the end there's a hatch, which opens into the middle of the room and another one opens above that. I cant jump into the high one, I cant seem to kill the soldiers (I even fired a grenade which hit, but the soldier magicked away to safety. If I try to run and get through the barrier before the soldier turns around he disappears and I die of laser/toxic gas

Oh and just to make this a bit more annoying (i'm probably missing something simple to do this), the game puts me back into the room before, a room filled with soldiers i'd already killed. Fair enough where it puts me I dont actually have to fight them unless I need to go backwards, which will be a problem, because rather than giving me the 300 health I entered the room with its giving me 60 because I died in the laser room

the only way through that room is to jump into the high vent. those soldiers will live for the entire duration of the game unfortunately :(

noticed a little trick if youre in a tight spot for health; if youre loading from a save room, get all the medkits in there, go out of the room and go back in so it saves again, then pause and 'reload last save'. youll have the same energy but some if not all the medkits will have respawned.

Done. Though it still took about 10 attempts to jump through the fucking thing. The same happened later on too, it looked an easy ledge to grab on to, but the point of his hands arent the collision point, it's his outy belly button, so if you jump from directly below you arent getting up.

I quite like the platform and puzzle element of this, but increasingly the combat is a piece of shit. It was fun at the start and i've just done a boss fight that was good, but plain system just causes problems. I like punching people on it though, that's nice and effective, but everything else about the combat feels a bit hollow, not as visceral as it should and does in something like Gears

I think everyone but me is done with this now? I keep having to play it in short bursts.

Umm no, you aren't the only one still playing this. I've only had two plays of this so far, and have uncovered 25% of the map.

Also, spoilers.

the biggest criticism i can think of is thats its too short. not by much mind, but when youve fully upgraded the suit at the end and you really start feeling like some kind of superhero. it just feels like there should be a LOT of ass kicking after that, and i mean ass kicking gigantic hordes of new enemies in new areas to demonstrate all your abilities