passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Stewart Lee was brilliant last night, much much better than last week. He reused some material from his last tour, but I guess that's what he's going to have to do to fill the series (I'm not sure we'll see a third though)

I was tired so went to bed early and missed it. I'll watch it tonight before or after Psychoville.

How and when they use material on TV has to be a bit of a dilema for touring comedians. It seems like once they've done it on TV they can't do it live anymore as you'll get hecklers shouting out punchlines and ruining the set, or people complaining about it being old material.

Watched the 2 Stewart Lee episodes, or about half of them as I didn't find them funny at all. I'm sure that's the clever gag that it really isn't actually funny, or something, but I just got bored.

If it was anyone else doing that routine in a stand-up he'd have got heckled to death.

However, I did watch episode 2 of Psychoville and really good stuff. Craymen's tweet about it was spot on.

Crikey, @RealReeceShears as Maureen as Tina Turner. Possibly the scariest thing on #Psychoville to date.

you didn't even like the "cunt; that's the c word isn't it?" joke?

The problem I've got with Psychoville, and I do really like it, is that some of the actual gags are really forced. I forget the one from this week but in the first week there was a bit that went

Old man: "do you want some coffee?"

Jelly: "no thanks"

Old man: "what?"

Tealeaf: "he can't hear properly, he's got that thing, torn ear drums"

Jelly: "Perforated"

Old man: "no it's just instant"

Psychoville is at its best for me when it's being :blink:

I'll tell you what is awesome though, The Shadow Line. Another program that's just a bit off, the gang leader in particular walks a bit of a line between threatening and comedy. It's got a bit of a lynchian rabbit hole about it, it genuinely seems like something a bit special.

Oh, it's a noir drama btw, and it's on iplayer

I think old man Lomax is one of the weaker characters in the show, I didn't like him much last time round. Also I seem to have forgotten a lot more of series 1 than I thought, I didn't remember anything at all about what happened to the dwarf guy and woman for example.

Psychoville is at its best for me when it's being :blink:

Yeah, I agree with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOW2Nd8dwD4

• 3 weeks later...

Going from the name, is it a sketch show or stand-up show?

Last episode of Psychoville (at least of this series, anyway) was brilliant. I think it might actually be better than League of Gentlemen, it's certainly more focussed.

The Shadow Line finished tonight, it was incredible, but also the biggest downer of an ending I've seen in ages. But then it's also been the best tv series I've seen for ages too. It was a bit confusing, deliberately so, and it sometimes went a bit over the top (Gatehouse in the hospital), but it was so interesting and kind of relentlessly handled.

Brilliant stuff anyway, Jay and Gatehouse are brilliant badguys, Gabriel and the manc that was in Cracker/Dr Who really likeable goodguys

series link

I watched the first episode round a mate's place as we both heard great things about it, but we weren't sure what to make of it. Our attention to it started to dwindle around the same time - it mostly seemed like there was an episode or even series that we were missing out on. Things were vaguely hinted at or took ages to be explained.

If I get the chance though I'll try to watch the rest before they pull them from iPlayer.

Starting to watch the new series of Battlestar Galatica i know its not new, is it 2005?? I missed it on sky as i ditched sky back then, so i got the mini series from Lovefilm and started to watch season 1, lovefilm let me down with the rest so i brought season 1. Loving it is all i can say, its deep and has great potential, im up to no 8 where they raid the cylon fuel base, great graphics and the storyline is gripping me to watch more and more. Already been told the 3rd season isn't as good US writers strike to blame, but looking forward to the completing this season.

• 1 month later...

Just ordered a couple of boxsets BSG series 2 and 3 on blu-ray. Got fed up with the disc's from lovefilm ether long waiting time or damaged discs when it comes to the BSG one.

Apart from the bad disc's im loving the series, its just gripping tele, wish i had got into it sooner, looking forward to the new series, i might even dabble in Caprica once i complete the BSG series.