passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

it has moments of comedy, usually ever so slightly dark & slapstick, especially the early seasons.

its get heavy in places but it well worth delving into.

when its on tap a la netflix it can be overwhelming, we started it and literally have watched 2 episodes every night (sometimes 3) finishing the last 2 last night. the acting is brilliant as are the 2 main protagonists characters.

im delighted we started it, delighted its now over and delighted it has a proper ending with the bonus that you can still make guesses as to what happens to the characters afterwards.

I was wondering if anyone with Netflix could recommend some good U.K. shows that I could checkout on the service. I only get to see what BBC America brings over and would love to see what else Great Britain has to offer.

The Thick of It

Peep Show

The Inbetweeners

Fresh Meat (Never watched it myself, but people seem to say it's good, same writers as Peep Show)

Father Ted

Luther

Black Books

Doc Martin - Super gritty medical drama, think ER, but gritty, like a skinned knee

Green Wing

Shameless - Gets shit after S1 though

The Only Way is Essex - Following the actual true life not at all staged events of a bunch of the most vapid, moronic twats you could ever hope not to meet. It's pretty good.

Utopia isn't on Netflix yet. Channel 4 never seem to be in a hurry to get stuff on there. The first season of Black Mirror is though and that's pretty good. There's The IT Crowd, too, but I'd say it only becomes truly great in season 4, though the rest is more than watchable.

I also think the first series of Teachers is worth a punt... maybe the second at a stretch but don't go beyond that.