passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 4

RivaOni

i've been playing this quite a bit now and still enjoying it. had to stop using the 10 revive potion things it gives you on beginner mode (i've got 6 left) as i recon i'll need them later on if im going to stand any chance of completing it. so struggled a lot on the 3rd dungen, these things kept killing me in one hit and i was loosing an hour of dungen battling each time, but then realised i had a persona that blocked these attacks so that was handy. i'm quite enjoying the combat too and have done some grinding without getting too annoyed. only ~23 hours in though so i'm still not sure if i'll make it to the end, anyhow it's good stuff...and i've ordered persona 3 incase it becomes hard to get hold of.

anyone else playing or are you guys going to finish 3 first?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been playing this quite a bit now and still enjoying it. had to stop using the 10 revive potion things it gives you on beginner mode (i've got 6 left) as i recon i'll need them later on if im going to stand any chance of completing it. so struggled a lot on the 3rd dungen, these things kept killing me in one hit and i was loosing an hour of dungen battling each time, but then realised i had a persona that blocked these attacks so that was handy. i'm quite enjoying the combat too and have done some grinding without getting too annoyed. only ~23 hours in though so i'm still not sure if i'll make it to the end, anyhow it's good stuff...and i've ordered persona 3 incase it becomes hard to get hold of.

anyone else playing or are you guys going to finish 3 first?

Trying to finish 3 first, hit 42 hours last night but I'm finding it increasingly harder to find the time to sink into it properly (what with job hunting and house keeping...)

^ one of the reasons i've stayed away from games like this in the past is how long they take.

Mine never arrived :(

Still, tomorrow is 10 working days since it was dispatched, so I can hassle Game for a refund and go get it from HMV or something.

unlucky dude.

apparently play are now selling it for £10.

• 4 weeks later...

still playing this, and enjoying it, must be close (maybe 10/20 hours :lol:) from the end. the plot/script/characters are brilliant, and there's some really funny bits in there too (i even have a girlfriend in the game so it's better than real life!). although occasionally you go through a dull patch in the game, that might be down to me finishing the dungeons too quickly though. the in game clock says 80 hours, even if 10 of that's on pause it's still much longer than i've ever done before for a single play through of any game, it must be good to keep my interest for this long!

i've not really had any problems with the dungeons/combat recently, maybe because i'm on beginner mode. but that was something i was really worried about before starting it as i'm useless at turn based combat. the school quiz/questions are the hardest part of the game, mostly impossible without a guide/google.

i'm still crap at the persona fusing though, i don't really get it, usually just fuse 2 when i've finished a day in the dungeon so i have room to collect one more next time.

apparently there's multiple endings but i don't want to read about them to spoil it so i'll probably only end up seeing one.

oh and what are people doing with the chance cards that appear? after one i got early on, took all my health and dumped me out of the dungeon, i never look at them now. but am i missing out?

anyone else playing?

i'm still playing this, luckely the other day i found out a bit more about the alternative endings (and luckely without spoiling it too much), just before i would have probably got a bad one, anyone nearing the (not really a big spoiler)

end of november

should probably check it out - or let me know and i'll point you in the right direction.

wow, just finished this, what a great game, everything about it is quality, the story and the fighting - the 2 main parts of the game - were great, as is the way everything affects everything else so you don't feel anything your doing is pointless. the only way it could have been better was if it was shorter, but that's probably just me, i don't usually play this sort of game as the length puts me off.

the difficulty on beginner is really well ballanced too, i had to do some leveling up, and there were a few frustrations early on after i'd decided to save the moon things it gives you for later on, that worked out well as i ended up needing them. i'm really crap and got to the end anyway.

think i'll be going back to playing the really short games i usually play now. one day i'll probably try persona 3, and if i can spread out playing it a bit more will probably enjoy it more. i stuck at this as i was worried if i stopped i'd never finish it, that probably made me tire of it occasionally.

Nice to see you enjoyed it despite it not being your bag, I've had a break from it because the dungeon I'm in now is quite difficult and I've already died and had to repeat it a couple of times and I'm fed up of that place now so I'm leaving it a bit, it is my fault that I'm dying because I keep pushing myself to hard and not leaving more regular.

It is a a mamoth game because it's November in-game and I'm well over 40 hours, that must leave four months or so.

It is a a mamoth game because it's November in-game and I'm well over 40 hours, that must leave four months or so.

not a spoiler really but

you're nearer to the end than you think

. and your showing me up for how slowly i played this, was on about 80 hours in november i think, 123 hours on the clock at the end but 10/20 of thoes were probably on pause which makes it hard to tell exactly how long it took :unsure:

• 7 months later...

Started playing this so i could talk about it on the goty podcast, and it's as awesome as everyone said. I'm about 30 hours in, rescued Kanji and am at the boss of his revisit dungeon. I think I'm hitting my targets in terms of getting things done, although I might be spreading myself too thin and risking not maxing enough things out. Bar Kanji, who i havent spent any time with, my team vary from 4-6, Im at 6 on the footy team, me and dojima are getting on well, though hes not bought me a mug yet the cunt, and I've done a few things for fox. Problem is my daycare job aint getting done, i cant talk to nanako until ive got more expression, and I dont think i can get the job at the hospital yet.

I think watching the Endurance Run really helped, I knew how the game worked and what was expected of me, so I could just get on with the early stages of the game. I do wish you could fit more activities in a day though, especially as theres no reason for some of them to take an entire afternoon

• 3 years later...

persona 4 golden just arrived (a day early from zavvi no less! CRAZY). the new intro is cool but i don't like the music as much as the ps2 one. but you can watch the ps2 intro along with a shed load of other stuff like live concerts from the extras menu - apparently with loads more to unlock as you play - shame it's not available from the start as i'm not sure i'll play it all again. also lack of free t-shirt is disappointing. and there ends the most in-depth analysis.

Mine came today as well from Zavvi, I couldn't believe it. Very early days, just leaving the school right near the beginning of the game, but it looks great. So vibrant, super sharp. I like the dialogue so far, and can tell I'm going to grow attached to some of the characters.

I notice there's five difficulty options, but once you've chosen one you can't change without restarting the game.

I went for one below default, Easy. I must admit I was tempted with Very Easy, but felt brave! ^_^

Dunno if anyone on here reads Gamestm but i had to laugh when they said "it's the same game we know and love" - despite the new score being 9 and the original reviewer giving it a 7. Typical Gamestm i guess, I don't think any of them read their own magazine.

It's probably worth pointing out - the Gamestm reviewer didn't even realise you can manually control your whole party. It's there in the menu options. The party AI is pretty good but still i would recommend switching straight away.

^ yeah that's a good tip, it's better to have full control, especially on tricky bosses, but i left them to their own devices most of the time - that was on easy though.

I went for one below default, Easy. I must admit I was tempted with Very Easy, but felt brave! ^_^

i played it on easy too, thought that was a well balanced mode for me. not sure what to start on now, try normal, stay the same or go very easy to speed things up.

edit - oh yeah apparently p4g has a new social link and new area in the game too.

Fusion really is just a case of trial and error. It will begin to make more sense the more you do it. My advice to start with is never accept the first set of skills listed when you are about to fuse. There is a randomness when fusing that decides what skills the new persona inherits so if you aren't happy come out of the screen and try again until you get something more to your liking.

Sometimes you just won't inherit the best moves but giving it a few tries can often make a big difference.