passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Jimbo Vs Gamestation

Jimboxy

As i've posted in other topics i attempted to trade in my copy of Fable II yesterday using a CEX print out to get the most of the trade in value (£25), firstly i was pissed off because i wanted Fallout 3 and that was sold out, meaning the special offer price was no longer valid, however you could pick it up second hand for £36 <_<

Secondly when i presented them with my CEX printout the nice employee at GS replied "we don't match CEX they take any old shit off the shovel" and offered me £12 trade in on the game.

When i got home i sent them a snotty email

To whom it may concern: Today i went into your Birmingham High Street store, address: 138 New St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 4NS My reason for visiting was to trade in a game, a copy of Fable 2 for the xbox 360. I have been informed that Gamestation will match trade in prices of rival stores, including Computer Exchange, so long as proof can provided. I went in the store with a print out from Computer Exchanges website stating there current trade in value of the game (£25), when i asked the shop assistant at the Gamestation store if they would match it, there reply was 'We don't match Computer Exchange, they take any old s**t' and offered me £12 trade in for the game. Not only was i disapointed at not being able to make use of your trade in promise (i believe your slogan is 'we won't be beaten on trade in's') but also offended by the shop assistants response. I would have thought your shop assistants which deal with the general public on a daily basis and are the face of the store would have higher customer services skills than this. James Wardle

to which i got the reply

Hi James,

Thank you for your email. First let make take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to you on your recent visit to gamestation.

Please reply to this email with the following details so that we can investigate this matter further and respond appropriately.

* Telephone Number

* Address

* Date and Time of the Incident

* Details of your query/complaint (if not already stated in your email)

Kind Regards

Abigail on behalf of customer services

To which i replied

James Wardle

to Customer, bcc: me

show details 12:03 PM (6 minutes ago)

Hi,

Thank you for the swift response.

Address: 83 Dads Lane, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B13 8PG

Date/Time of Incident: Around 5PM, Tuesday 10th December

Details: I attempted to trade in a game (Fable 2,Xbox 360) at your Birmingham New Street store, requesting a price match again Computer Exchange. When I produced evidence of Computer Exchanges trade in price for this game, in the form of a printed webpage, the GameStation employee responded "We don't match Computer Exchange prices, they take any old s**t of the shovle"

The two things that have caused me to raise this complaint are the fact that you position yourself as not being beaten on trade in's (i believe its printed on the reverse of your reciepts) but then the store refuses to match a rival's price. The second is the tone and attuitude the employee toke with me, i don't like the implication that what i am trading in is inferiour in some way, or the use of language when dealing with a member of the general public.

Again thank you for the swift responce and for taking this matter seriously.

that is currently where it stands, i know i'm blowing this out of all proportion, but it has really made me angry. I don't like being talked down to by hormonal nerds at the best of times, but when i'm trying to offload a game i don't even like for something i might prefer, it really gets on my nerves.

Good for you, I reckon its down to some manager being told to match the profits of another store. I worked in retail for a bit and it was all our manager would go on about some weeks because of all the pressure they're under

I'd be nice if you got a bonus bit of credit or something, but i reckon more likely you'll just get a bit of attitude when you next go in

Haha, Dads Lane.

Yea, nice one Jimbo, stick it to the man. I hope the shop assistant gets fired. Right before Christmas. Then he cant feed his wife and their little disabled son, Timmy or Sambob. And he gets really ill. And maybe dies. And then his wife leaves him, so stricken with grief is she. And she dies. And then the man is all alone in his house on christmas with everyone he loved dead and no job. And all he had to do was get one more game to trade in before he retired. But that wont happen now... No mate, dont pick up that shotguBOOM

Haha, Dads Lane.

Yea, nice one Jimbo, stick it to the man. I hope the shop assistant gets fired. Right before Christmas. Then he cant feed his wife and their little disabled son, Timmy or Sambob. And he gets really ill. And maybe dies. And then his wife leaves him, so stricken with grief is she. And she dies. And then the man is all alone in his house on christmas with everyone he loved dead and no job. And all he had to do was get one more game to trade in before he retired.

he shouldn't have been a cunt about it then. Thats karma for you.

Seriously tho, people dont complain enough about shit like this. The last three times ive gone into Pizza Hut i either havent been seated or once we are seated they take so long we just leave again. Also i had to complain to PC World about how shit the island branch is. All with no real results, i dont know what i was expecting but i hope somebody got horribly hurst somehow.

Seriously tho, people dont complain enough about shit like this. The last three times ive gone into Pizza Hut i either havent been seated or once we are seated they take so long we just leave again. Also i had to complain to PC World about how shit the island branch is. All with no real results, i dont know what i was expecting but i hope somebody got horribly hurst somehow.

We had the "taking too long" in Frankie and Benny's once, we had to wait half an hour to be seated, fair enough the restaurant was full, but when we were finally seated it took 15 minutes for a menu to arrive then, we ordered drinks and then half an hour later they still hadn't turned up so we up and left.

As for PC World, every branch is shit.

i'm hoping abbi at gamestation customer services will send me this dudes address so i can go fuck his shit up.

What will probably happen is they will send me an apology and a voucher possibly.

I should complain more really, i never do, in fact this is the first time i've complained about something since writing a snotty email to o2 about my phone contract about 3 years ago.

I hope the shop assistant gets fired. Right before Christmas. Then he cant feed his wife and their little disabled son, Timmy or Sambob. And he gets really ill. And maybe dies. And then his wife leaves him, so stricken with grief is she. And she dies. And then the man is all alone in his house on christmas with everyone he loved dead and no job. And all he had to do was get one more game to trade in before he retired. But that wont happen now... No mate, dont pick up that shotguBOOM

:lol: :lol:

Good luck, Jimbo. Hope you at least get a free game out of some cunt's inability to serve the public.

Hi James,

Thank you for your response. I have forwarded this onto the area manager who will investigate this and contact you within the next week with the outcome.

Please allow time during the busy period for the area manager to investigate this.

Kind Regards

Abigail on behalf of customer services

meh, wasn't the responce i was hoping for really. anyone want to take bets on me hearing nothing at all back?

£12 for Fable II is gash, I guess it's cos they're selling it cheap right now. But yeah, you do have a worth complaint, they do promise they won't be beaten on trade ins. Hopefully you get back a response.

I was gonna do the exact same thing with fable when i found out that GAME would only give me £12, saw on CEX how much it was worht. Let me know how you et on so I can try and unleash the pain as well

On a complaining note, i complained to Mars recently about the fact that if you buy a tube of revels and empty them out of the plastic inner packaging back into the tube, there's actully less than half a tube, they gave me some bullshit about "packaging being optimised to ensure protection of confectionary"....then the sent me a £5 mars voucher, which i thought was pretty sweeeet

It's so easy to complain over email

Good for you Jimbo, theres obviously something in the air, I told my boss not to shake his fucking head at me and then told him to fuck himself today, it was good, he flipped his lid and managed to acheive 9 out of 10 for how red you can make your face whilst simultaniously shitting your pants.

Also props to illdog, took me two read throughs to notice my name in one of your posts, good placement, I hope you die.

I rarely complain but last week i did and got a result! went to one of those bella pasta/italian places ordered starter and main courses. Starter was superb really nice, main course took over an hour to arrive and then was the wrong things, when it finally arrived 20 mins later the lasagna (doesn't seem right) was worse than one of those tesco value jobs, and for £8! i was not impressed, called the manager over, i got a a replacement meal and didn't pay for anything, got a full free meal! although mrs wasn't impressed she thought i was going to buy her a meal!

I hate to complain as i work for tesco and when im duty manager the amount of twats i get complaining just annoys me so i don't want to become one of them!!

Yesterday i had someone complain the trollies where too big or too small, the cheese counter had no stilton and ffs we sell pre-packed in all sizes!! then had a woman who didn't read the POS until the next day and wanted her free one but had no receipt to prove she had brought the original and it goes on! i only had the duty shift for 5 hours but so many complainers!!

Also props to illdog, took me two read throughs to notice my name in one of your posts, good placement, I hope you die.

:)

Good for you Jimbo, theres obviously something in the air, I told my boss not to shake his fucking head at me and then told him to fuck himself today, it was good, he flipped his lid and managed to acheive 9 out of 10 for how red you can make your face whilst simultaniously shitting your pants.

How come you didnt get fired?

:)

How come you didnt get fired?

he was having sexual relations with him at the time. Drrty drrty sambob

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

I emailed GAME to complain a couple of years ago, because I bought a supposedly new copy of Resident Evil DS, only to get home and find out that there were a couple of saved games on the cart dated weeks before I made the purchase. No compensation or anything for the journey I had to make to get a new copy, no offer of giving me the used price instead - just a "our apologies, go back into the shop and they'll give you a new one".

Makes me wonder how many other used games are passed off as new.

• 3 weeks later...

and so it continues..

hello,

I contacted you 4 weeks ago regarding a complaint about your Birmingham New Street store (see emails below) and i have still not heard anything. Needless to say I am greatly disappointed with your customer services regarding this matter. I have shopped at Gamestation for many years now, and brought many games consoles and pieces of software there, but from now on you will be no longer getting my custom.

Regards

James

which i sent today, and in reply i got..

Hi James,

Thank you for your email. First allow me to sincerely apologise about you not being contacted regarding your issue.

In order to try and rectify this I have re-emailed the area manager to investigate why I haven’t had a reply and why you haven’t been contacted. As soon as I get a reply I will be in contact with you to let you know.

Once again, please accept my apologies for you not having a response; I have marked this as urgent to attempt to get this situation resolved for you.

Kind Regards

Abigail

just send me a gift voucher and leave it at that!!

well, just had a phone call from Lee, the store manager. He was very creeping and apologetic, and said they would honer the CEX trade in price if i take it to the store.

I guess complaining does get you somewhere, not as far as i'd hoped though.