passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

Been hungoverly watching loads of drum cam videos this afternoon..

Converge are probably my favourite band ever. I love how hectic Ben Koller sounds for such a small set up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been listening to a lot of Emeralds recently..

I love how game'y alot of their songs are. The one above was nod to the Final Fantasy start screen music. Sad they split up. :(

Also been listening to a lot of Heartsounds who I'd never heard of till last week. They're a punk band in the vein of Rise Against, Bad Religon, Propagandhi etc but they have 2 vocalists (a girl and a dude). I like them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually bought a few albums recently:

Screaming Females - Rose Mountain
I think this is their first professionally produced album. The previous ones have been DIY efforts, so this is much less rough around the edges.
Great guitars and vocals, I detect a bit of Pixies influence and maybe some 90's Smashing Pumpkins in some of the tracks.
Youtube playlist of the full album

I think this might be my favourite:

Giorgio Moroder - Déjà vu
I think I bought this after posting the Moroder DJ set a few weeks back. I just fancied something a bit different for the gym.
A couple of great tracks on here, and I really like more disco-y ones. I a few sound a bit too much like the riffs from the last Daft Punk album.

Youtube album playlist

This one's my favourite, the one that features Kelis is also really good.

continued...

CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye
It's only been out a week, I haven't listened enough to form a true opinion of it. First impressions are it's not quite as strong as The Bones of What You Believe, but still sounds pretty good.
Youtube playlist

No real favourites yet because I've only listened in full twice, but this is pretty strong contender so far.

The Go! Team - The Scene Between

I knew the band had gone on hiatus a few years back, as members had families, or side-jobs & solo projects made it hard to continue. I didn't realise a new album had came out in March until earlier this week.

It's basically a solo project by the main guy Ian Parton, featuring different (mostly little known) vocalists on each track. Although, there is still a live band featuring a number of the members.

It's clearly, identifiably The Go! Team, even if it's missing the trademark horn samples, and double-dutch chanting. Again, I haven't listened enough to have strong opinions on it yet, but I like it.

Playlist

No favourites yet, but this is good:

'Catch Me on the Rebound', and 'The Art of Getting By' are good too.

Album Leaf? What album you got?

Yeah, they're touring next month. No Scottish dates but THREE Irish ones. What's that about?!

I think they're playing the whole of In a Safe Place at the ATP event at the end of the tour, which would be immense. I would of maybe gone to that but I'll be out the country went it's on. Missing Prodigy and Public Enemy playing together in Aberdeen too. :(

Johnny Marr's new live album is out on Spotify. A few Smiths classics, the famous single from Electronic and a cover of "I fought the law". And a load of his solo stuff that I don't care about.

But still, worth it for the immense "How Soon Is Now?".

I listened to the Chvrches album a bunch more times and it has really grown on me. It's excellent - a really strong, confident album. I said on first listen I wasn't sure if it was as strong as the first few songs on the previous album, but I think I was wrong.

The new Coheed & Cambria album is out on Friday.