passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

I changed my mind and watched it on fast forward and he said they are bringing at least 4 games to other platforms, not naming them until later announcements, they aren't Indy or Starfield.

Stopped watching at that point cause I don't really care beyond that and the corpo speak is just too annoying, even at 1.5x

This is clearly scripted and a ‘safe’ interview, and I’ve still never seen Phil gulp and voice crack like this. It’s sort of fascinating

Also the amount of corporate talk even in 5 minutes 🤣 I’m sorry @Nag

Wow that’s even more of a damp squib than I even expected! Why the fuck did they leave it that long and not just do a press release? 2 smaller games, all over a year old It would have stopped so much bullshit and word of mouth harm to Xbox. 4 games which theyre not naming. If you’re still not naming them why wait so long? Others may come in future. Starfield and Indy still exclusive. It genuinely sounds like games which won’t matter going multiplatform - either MP games which shouldn’t be exclusive anyway or smaller indie type games.

What a load of nothing.

Good to see Activision games coming to GP finally mentioned. Diablo 4 at the end of March starting it off. 

7 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

So four games but he doesn't name them. I'd say Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are set, probably Pentiment, too. He said multiplayer titles, so my guess is the fourth one is Grounded.

Apparently these are confirmed

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/15/24073691/microsoft-xbox-games-ps5-nintendo-switch-exclusivity

Honestly, happy for the dudes at Obsidian to get that game on other platforms. I keep meaning to get into it but man is it an intimidating one, even though I like wordy games.

Don’t get me wrong it’s good they’re still focusing on exclusives as well, but wow. Why let the message run away with you so much & cause so much damage when you could have nipped this in bud immediately with a PR statement. 

Just now, mfnick said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s good they’re still focusing on exclusives as well, but wow. Why let the message run away with you so much & cause so much damage when you could have nipped this in bud immediately with a PR statement. 

They got this podcast out in a week. In terms of mega corporation production that’s like light speed. 

This video is fun but I’ll need to watch it twice 

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Giant companies like MS can't really move quickly like that. This impromptu podcast is what 'agile' looks like when it's a company like this, with multiple people needing to sign off on how this thing is framed even if it's not seemingly a big deal

They’ve definitely moved a lot faster than this on other things. Even the huge Xbox One backtrack was much faster than this and that was a much bigger deal. 

Ok, I skipped the community bit and the outro. In the hardware segment there was talk about news 'this holiday', which is probably either that leaked new controller or Alexa Series X. They also mention next-gen, so for better or worse there will be a new Xbox at some point. So in that sense, not really a paradigm shift. It doesn't fill me with confidence about investing (I'm starting to hate that term in this context) in the brand, but I'd say it's a better status quo than whatever fantasy was spun last week.

The part about the layoffs almost made me vomit though. 'We have to be sustainable' and 'we want you to know you can build a career in games at Xbox'. The audacity of saying that after kicking 2000 people, jesus christ.

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

“Invested in next generation roadmap and trying to make the biggest technical leap you have ever seen in a hardware generation”

Xbox3604090 🤔

I'll start saving now then...🤣

I don’t like that he keeps saying “entitlements”. If you buy on Xbox you can carry your saves, progression and games anyway these are entitlements 🤔

I don’t know why but I kind of hate the language. He’s talking about game features