passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 3

Jimboxy

Now this games got fucking hard again. I bought all the DLC as it was only 400 points each on Monday and ive gone to Point Lookout (as i ended up literally metres away from its starting point when i finished doing another quest). The Scrappers and Brawlers are fucking rock hard, aswell as the Tribals. Fuck me have i gone through some ammo and stimpacks. I needed to be a higher level me thinks...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now this games got fucking hard again. I bought all the DLC as it was only 400 points each on Monday and ive gone to Point Lookout (as i ended up literally metres away from its starting point when i finished doing another quest). The Scrappers and Brawlers are fucking rock hard, aswell as the Tribals. Fuck me have i gone through some ammo and stimpacks. I needed to be a higher level me thinks...

Levels shouldn't matter that much in this game I don't think? Don't the enemies scale with you? At least I think so. They had the same thing in Oblivion but they made it to a lesser extent in this.

Could always turn down the difficulty.

What happened to the dlc disc that was getting passed around?

It's still in the sealed box because I have not got around to playing Fallout 3 again. Blame Borderlands, the fucker has sucked over 100 hours of my life away and it doesn't show no sign of letting up any time soon.

Fucking hell, Sly. I loved it but thought after 40 hours that was enough 'til I feel like doing it again on hard later on.

Yeah, there were times I felt like that and just wanted it to end, but I really enjoy playing it with others, it just feels really right for the most.

• 2 months later...

Odd that this thread was bumped, i loaded my game back up yesterday for the first time in 2 months. Took me five minutes to remember the controls and what i was doing but im back in full swing now, shant stop till its all done.

Im easily addicted to games, but Fallout and Oblivion really hook me in. I can literally play them for hours on end without getting bored - i think its the fact that there is sooo much to do, its like i feel that im busy and need to get everything done. :)

Anyways, just done The Pitt DLC, it was a bit dark and grimy (and thats saying something for Fallout). Im glad its over as im itching to get back out to the world proper. I had to do The Pitt for a reason though. To access the quest 'Trouble on the Homefront' you have to pick up a radio signal thats near Vault 101. Ive obviosuly done something in a funny order because that radio signal is nowhere to be found. I read on teh interwebz that if you do a DLC (possibly specificly The Pitt, cant remember) the signal returns. So, after ive collected all the steel ingots from the steelyard im gonna go back and see if its do-able. I shant cry myself to sleep if it doesnt, i can always start a new game but thats not the point.

Anyway, love it, awesome, 40 hours.

I'm ashamed to say, I am still yet to buy this... embarassing :blush:

I keep thinking I should get the GoTY edition but I guess it doesn't really matter to just get playing the game.

Well, its a commitment, like a marraige. Dont enter into it lightly and expect it to all work out, you have to put in the hours and work hard at it. Ultimately very rewarding but there's always the chance you wont get on, and ive heard the sex lessens.

I did end up playing it today, just getting to Megaton. Despite putting 62 hours into this game already I could start again and still find new shit right at the start. This game is fucking awesome. I remember looking around the high school near Vault 101 the first time, but this time, more confident and knowing what I was doing I found a computer with a diary explaining the situation the raiders had, the trouble they had with Lion Ants and finding the nest myself. I love pointless little shit like that, it makes it more worldly. My little head runs wild with what could of happened before I beat every one to death with a baseball bat.

And last time I played it I never bothered with the guys who worshipped the atom bomb, I just disarmed it and never told them. Gonna pay more attention to them this time, maybe they can convert me into thinking that a live nuke in a residential area is a good idea.

Ive just done the Reilly's Rangers mission, god damn that was hard and also fucking depressing. If i had to wonder around that horrible hospital and hotel for much longer i may have considered ending it all. Galaxy News Radio tried to cheer me up but those warbling 50's tunes just add to the creepiness.

Both The Lucky Lady Hospital and The Statesman Hotel were crawling with Super Mutants, but not just the regular kind. Brutes and Masters arent too bad by the Overlords are absolute cunts and took a shit load of ammo in the face. I was lost as hell at one point after rescueing the soldiers, i took a massive wrong turn like the big directionless idiot i am and ended up wandering the underground metro stations for nearly an hour before re-emerging where i had entered and walking for 2 minutes to the left. <_< Anyway, a fuckton of Stimpacks and a smattering of Stealth Boys later and it was done.

Shoot Em in the Head on the other hand was awesome, killing people for keys shoul be a course at University. And even though i was successful in my lie telling (confirmed by the word SUCCESS after my speech attempt) and told Mister Crowley that everyone had died and i'd taken their keys from their dismembered corpses, he still said at the end that 'its a shame you didnt kill everyone' and he 'should have hired a better mercenary'. That didn't make sense but i didnt press it because he has a pretty shit life.

Need a break form the Wastland - browns, greys and radiation are getting me down.

I bought the GOTY at the weekend, and last night I carried on with my save. It didn't take me as long to get back into the flow as I was worried it might. The last mission I had done was Galaxy News Radio, which is where my save was. I trekked over to Rivet City battling a bunch of bad dudes along the way to see Doctor Li, then I headed to the museum nearby where I gained some information. I am headed to Vault 112 now. I teleported back to Megaton (I only remembered you could do this out of fluke when looking at the map), which is where I have left it. I am low on ammo and currently have zero bottle caps, oh noes! I was proper hooked last night though, and didn't want to stop. It's one of those games that you think about constantly when you're not playing it, it took me ages to get to sleep last night. It's extremely immersive, and freaky.

I agree, i gots the super jones for it right now, i didnt wanna turn it off this morning and all i wanna do is go home and play it.

Im currently looking for the Garden of Eden and rummaging around Vault 87. I really hate the vaults! There so depressing and fullz ov death but some of the computers do hold some interesting information if you can be arsed to read it.

Im maxed out al level 30 now, my last perk was to bring all my S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats up to 9 so im a super kick ass machine now - shame that doesnt make much difference when fighting Super Mutant Overlords. They suck brand new ass and i must admit when i encounter one of the bastards ive been putting the game on easy just because otherwise the fights are so lenghty and boring.

It's worth reading every computer you come across, I know it's lengthy, but some of them tell you information that makes life a lot easier, things that you will never find unless you are lucky enough to stumble upon them because they are not marked on the map. It might seem nonsensical crap when you are reading it, but I found a lot of the random rubbish used for making weapons by reading the terminals.

Go on then, just for you.

I'm playing through Operation Anchorage at the moment, and loving it. I've just reached level 8 with good Karma. Anchorage seems a good place to level up, there's loads of enemies and they're easy to take down (so far, just got to the bit where I lead a squad). 11 hours in now. I'm not sure why it took me so long to purchase the game again, it's incredible.