Little Big Planet

Oliath

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well before I was going to get a PS3 and a Sony hat and everything, but now I definitely wont.

It seems a massive shame actually because as everyone has been saying before the main thing about the game is the ability allow you to really go crazy with your imagination, and so in theory its empowering like nothing else...but this moderation tactic that they seem to have taken is a little bit crazy. I have a feeling that its very largely Sony rather then Media Molecule, but who knows why....well actually its quite obviously that they are afraid of getting sued by some bugger.

Holy cow!

That has really put me off the game now.

This is typical of Sony's behaviour.

They have just lost massive points in my book.

It's maybe not exactly their fault though. I doubt they're eager for lawsuits, although I dunno why this one was banned.

i got 3 kratos codes for LBP but i didnt buy it. i intended to but when it got delayed a bit i wanted to save me money for other games. i emailed em 3 times complaining cause i got the mag and the code wernt in it. ill give away two if theres people who want one. ill keep one just incase i get it for meself ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a site I think we've been a little harsh on this. I had some mates round tonight for some beers, some food and some guitar hero. After a while they wanted to put something else on so we set up LBP. It was one of the piss funniest nights ive ever had gaming, loads of fun as we all set about sabotaging each others play :D

Some of the fan made levels are incredible too, like a whole new leap forward. There''s a level, I think it's Japanese it certainly looks it, where you make your way across the background as a silhouette. Everything except the far back ground was black, bar the eyes from my sackboy, it was a genuinely beautiful level. There's a few others that work on a similar principle, I really recommend checking them out

I've not been let down by this at all, and I've been hyped about it since it was first shown off - 2 years ago maybe?

Anyway I've played more of the Story mode with my mate and it's been brilliant fun, the last level I played was the one with the explosives where you break some guy out of prison. Very hard bits in that where you have to carry bombs around.

Also took it online and played some Sonic Green Hill Zone levels, one some genius made with different vehicles in (can't remember the name but it was in the highest rated I think), a bonkers rollercoaster one, a couple of Indiana Jones levels (one good but loosely based on Indy and the other very close to the first film but a little broken), a Dead Space level which was good but I broke it, and my favourite was the Ghostbusters level which was so close to the film and very well designed too.

I know a lot of people have criticised the actual platform mechanics but I've had no real problem with it, apart from the depth of where you stand sometimes getting confusing.

It still stands as the game that will justify me picking up a PS3 of my own.

I haven't spent a great deal of time with LBP but it is growing on me. Like a a few people I hated the control mechanics at first and it really put me off, I still don't get along with them but when I got to the wedding levels I was won over. Stages became more imaginatively designed and fun to play, the combination of the asthetics and music made it much more entertaining. I'm going to start putting more time into now because I've just clicked with it.

Something that I have been dissapointed by is the user generated stuff. Everytime I've gone onto that all I have found is boring stuff, I'm not slagging it off, I appreciate the time that goes in and I couldn't do any better, but still, not really how I like to spend my gaming time. It's just that these kind of stages are rated highly too so I was just expecting something a little special.

I'm not in the 'Oh my god, this game will change the world' camp but I'm enjoying it, which is something. :)

Yeah I know what you mean with the user levels, but whereas they might not be brilliant to play, it always blows my mind when I realise just how hard it is to make them. I haven't played many of them, admittedly, but nothing I saw came close to the Media Molecule story levels. Still, fair play and all that.

And Jon, you'd probably be best seeing if you can find someone with a PS3 and copy of the game to try it out first, as it either seems to really bowl people over or disappoint, so me hyping it up may not be best thing for you.

Yeah I know what you mean with the user levels, but whereas they might not be brilliant to play, it always blows my mind when I realise just how hard it is to make them. I haven't played many of them, admittedly, but nothing I saw came close to the Media Molecule story levels. Still, fair play and all that.

And Jon, you'd probably be best seeing if you can find someone with a PS3 and copy of the game to try it out first, as it either seems to really bowl people over or disappoint, so me hyping it up may not be best thing for you.

I can do just that tomorrow as it happens, I know one person who just got a PS3! Random.

I reckon our tastes are pretty similar, I'll give it a crack.

Some of the 'user' levels they use in the adverts are quite funky and imaginative, but don't look at all fun to play!

I played this earlier... and wow-eee was it fun!!!! :D

The guy I know with a PS3 isn't really a gamer at all so it was really fun kinda muddling through the levels, its great when you are both interacting with objects at the same time. Not sure how this would play single player, I guess it would still be fun, but nowhere near as much.