passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

• 3 weeks later...

Bought The Room Two for 99p the other night and started playing it on my iPad. Played for a little while until the battery died. It had automatically installed on my phone so I thought I'd boot it up on there and maybe try and get up to where I left off on the tablet.

Best surprise of all is that it does cloud saves with no prompting from you, so I booted up the phone version and carried straight off. That doesn't happen anywhere near as much as you'd expect it to.

It's more of the same of the first one but it seems to have more things happening that bend or just outright break the laws of physics and go into the world of the occult, like a puzzle on a mirror will make the reflection of the room change that will also change the room's puzzles change, so a box in the room will completely change form.

I can certainly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Jimbo, was Hendo's recommendation to get Threes not good enough for you eh?

I bought it last night on Android, and yeah, it's pretty genius. I've made space for it on my phone's home screen, it's that good.

in Spatular bothering news I bought Danmaku Unlimited 2 for android as it's on offer for 54p. It's an old school bullet hell shooter that's out on steam too. It's alright so far, it has a similar mechanic to Shikigami no Shiro 2 and a couple of other games in that you're rewarded for getting close to bullets. It also controls like Cave's smartphone shooters except it feels more zoomed in, and it's a bit 'sticky' in movement (you drag the ship around with your finger), unless my screen just needs a wipe which is entirely possible

I've noticed iOS has a lot of games that are not on Android, which I find weird as I would assume there are more android powered devices in the wild then iOS. Anyways, I hope Republique comes to Android soon. Also, Sega's Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper would be nice too.

I've noticed iOS has a lot of games that are not on Android, which I find weird as I would assume there are more android powered devices in the wild then iOS.

It's a combination of:

- inertia (it's been there longer. Everyone puts their games out on iTunes, etc.)

- practicality (there are lot of different handsets & os variations to test on Android)

- the perception that Android users don't pay for stuff as much as iOS peeps do (dunno if that's true or not).

Personally, I don't really care all that much about mobile gaming. The handful of games that do appeal to me normally get to Android eventually.

A cool article about how Republique was "saved" from nearly failing its kickstarter.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/176187/how_camouflaj_saved_rpubliques_.php?print=1

It says in there that's it possibly coming to PC/Mac. Nothing about Android, which is shame as the narrative and mechanics work best on a phone.

Another cool article about Republique's development.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RyanPayton/20140303/212110/Rpublique_Episode_1_Postmortem.php

And finally! Never played it but D&D: Lords of Waterdeep is on sale (£2.99 from £4.99) because a new expansion for it has just released. Suppose to be one of the best board games on IOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/d-d-lords-of-waterdeep/id648019675?mt=8

kinda bummed aboutRepublique passing up Android, but the D&D game looks cool. I noticed it the screen shots it looks like it has multiple in-game currencies. It would be a shame if you have to pay upfront to play the game and then get hit with F2P in-game currency model. Though I do like me some D&D.

I'm playing a game called A Dark Room at the moment on iOS. It's been described as a text-based Fallout which I can see.

You scout for rescorces and fight monsters or people and then loot them. But mostly it's about collecting resources.

Nice, Korean arcade rhythm game DJ Max Technika Q is now out on iOS and Android. Just finished downloading. Plays nice on a my tablet. It's playable on my phone - 5" screen but feels a bit cramped at times. Overall great game!! Best on a tablet. 

The two videos are of the Korean version, but there version in the west is in full English. 

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E10R9eyrpFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-HXMClERnGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>