passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Super Hexagon, the much talked about iphone game is out now on android for 59p (for a few weeks as a launch price). I've bought it but not played it yet, I watched the video and understand what is going on less than when I didn't know anything about it

oh and Ikaruga is out on android, it's £5.62 though... and I've bought it :facepalm:

:toss:

The controls are sensitive, but I initially put that down to my phone not having the best touch screen in the world (an Xperia Miro). I don't think it's ruining my fun too much apart from those times I nearly throw my phone out of the window because I lightly overshot a gate.

27 seconds I'm on now. I find I do better when I mess about on one of the harder difficulties a bit, and when I put it back to normal it seems more comprehensible and not as brain and eye scrambling.... Guitar Hero/Rock band were similar.

I'm liking Super Hexagon a lot now. I'm finding myself popping it on for a few minutes all the time. I think I'm on 38 seconds now. I can't stop thinking about it.

It's got me playing phone games more, too. I'm not a fan of Angry Birds but I decided to give Angry Birds Space a go. I do like it more, I think the gravity stuff does make it more interesting gameplay-wise and doesn't just feel like a pachinko machine as much. Over at Eurogamer I saw a review for Temple Run 2 and in searching for it I just found the original (maybe it's not available yet or won't work on my phone) and I quite like that too. I hated it at first as the controls seemed really unresponsive but when I started being firmer with my phone they started working fine. So far it looks like it doesn't need quick actions so they work well enough. Oh, it's a runner game where you swipe to move and dodge things and you collect coins and run away from monkeys.

I've been playing Little Things Forever, it's free on Android, I know it's on ios but I'm not sure if it's free or not?

It's an item finding game, not all that exciting, but the presentation is really nice. The game starts as a star made up of lots of items, you then zoom in on one of these items, this is the play area. If it zooms in on an owl (everything looks quite cartoony and bold) that owl is made up of items coloured to match the colour of the larger item (so the eyes will be made up of white items, the body brown). You get a list of items to find e.g. a dog, an umbrella, an apple, 2 chillies etc. If you do well enough you get a jigsaw piece, get enough of them and you then get a mini game where you have to piece them together, do that and you unlock another item puzzle to play.

I've not explained that very well, basically it's a nice looking find item game

The new Ghostbusters game by Beeline Interactive is actually pretty good. It's similar to how The Simpsons: Tapped Out plays but there's some gameplay when you go bustin' ghosts, so there's less waiting around for things to finish. It also has music from the films, rather than just the main theme, which is a nice touch.

It's free on IOS (not sure about Android) so worth checking out if you're a fan.

I downloaded Final Freeway 2R for free off the Amazon app store last night, mainly because looked like a blatant copy of Outrun, and wanted to see how bad it could get.

After 10 minutes play: it really does copy Outrun so much it's insane, but it's actually ok. The tilt steering works better than I expected, and it's quite fun.