passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ninja Gaiden II

HandsomeDead

• 1 year later...

So I've been playing the PS3's Sigma version of this lately cos I love me some Ninja Gaiden. There's some subtle differences, for better and worse.

I dunno how many here played much of the 360 version but one difference I don't like is they've changed the way the weapons upgrade. You could just upgrade using the games currency in the 360 version and as long as you didn't blow all your cash on medicine and stuff then it could get to a point later on in the game you could fully upgrade your new weapon right away. Doing that doesn't make it any stronger, it just increases the amount of combos you can do, making the game more fun through experimenting. On Sigma II you can only upgrade once at certain shops, I'm maybe two thirds in the game and only have one fully upgraded weapon, I'd have nearly all of them done by this point on vanilla. So I don't like that.

The added sub-bosses are a bit pants, too. The ones in Hayabusa's campaign are just that statue boss from God of War 2, one is a giant traditional Japanese statue, the other is the Statue of Liberty. You beat both on a platform at chest height slashing at their fingers. There are also added missions where you control a number of female characters. I can't remember their names, but they are stilted clichés so it doesn't matter anyway. They are quite fun to use, though. I suppose they are just added weapons and combo sets, but the sets are different to what Hayabusa uses, and they have massive tits.

It's been easier so far too, except one odd design choice with a certain boss but I'm rambling so I'll leave it. But lots of awkward and frustrating bits have been removed or diluted. Where I am now (and the level before) there should be the infamous bomb shuriken dudes but I've yet to come across them, I wonder if they've been removed completely.