passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

BTW, Dada was an art movement that is sort of anti art. Going against the usual grain etc. Some comedy follows this role. It's surreal, often inexplicable, visually and verbally inventive with material which often verges on the downright bizarre. Used to be quite niche, but pretty much all comedians utilise it since Vic and Bob and the Might Boosh popularised it over the last decade or so.

Surprised yous wut supposedly edukatid didne no dat. ;)

Does this mean I'm out of a job now? Or did Jim just want to try his hand at it? Lol. If you want Jim, I can pass on a few tips.

On a personal note, I'm deaf in my right ear. I have to convert that podcast to mono to hear it properly. Sorry to be a pain. When I edit, I have to look at the sound levels closely, and keep switching earphones over to my left ear, just to get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

MFGamers Podcast 68 - The Game of the Year Special

The Game of the Year Special with Dangerman and Hendo

Dangerman is joined by Hendo for our Game of the Year Special, as voted for by members of this site.

Theme music is the MFGamers theme

Background music is Nintendo DSi Ware music

MFGamers Podcast 68 GotY Special (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Maybe you should cut Ben's anti-SSFIV nonsense. Ryu is still a very well rounded character who has some punishing combos, that light shoryuken into ultra can catch loads of people out. I didn't play enough of the original to notice any massive changes that couldn't be worked around, except Sagat getting severely nerfed, which was a good thing. And Hakan is shit, definitely low tier, when his second ultra becomes active keep you feet on the ground and use dashes to get around. It's so easy to coax people into using it at the wrong time and then punishing them.

I should have made some points with my choices. Especially Epic Mickey. I wasn't hugely excited about it and it was apparent from quite early on it wasn't going to be the game the concept art originally pointed to. But with Warren Spector on the case I was just expecting something a bit decent, just an interesting take on the platformer. But what we got was 10% quite interesting and 90% boring fetch quests with shite controls and ugly levels.

Apart from that; nice work.

Really great show, those two hours flew by. :D

I still can't believe Game Dev Story won handheld/mobile GOTY, though. I mean, it's not even a real game.

PSP did have a couple other good games in 2010, God of War: Ghosts of Sparta and Everybody's Tennis.

thanks Ed :)

Got to say I thought it was the best one for a while, there was some good ones a few months back but the recent ones have been a bit uneventful (no offence to others involved, more on my end). Aside from the start of this one, I'm not really sure what I was aiming for with the football talk at the start :unsure:

I do recommend The_BigSam though

I still can't believe Game Dev Story won handheld/mobile GOTY, though. I mean, it's not even a real game.

Wash your mouth out Edward.

PSP did have a couple other good games in 2010, God of War: Ghosts of Sparta and Everybody's Tennis.

Shame no one played them..

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. My only problem is during Xmas and new year, I wasn't online much because of family issues, so I didn't contribute to the GotY thread. As such, some of my favourite games of last year were not included. Games like Just Cause 2, and Forgotten Sands, for example.

Re: Red Dead Redemption multiplayer.

I wasn't expecting the competetive multiplayer to be very good, as there was just so much mechanically wrong in GTA IV's. It was only really fun just messing around in a private world with a couple of mates.

The biggest dissapointment was the co-op. After the great looking trailer for the posse system promised the prospect of going round with a group of friends doing cool stuff; when you get into the game with mates, you find you have a single figure number of missions availables missions (one of them being herding cattle of all things).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic