passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

That went pretty well, nice one, Cyberpunk. With regards to Dragon Age the PC version has been getting solid reviews. Eurogamer did give the console version a 6 but they gave it an 8 for the PC, the interface on the console version is meant to be a headache.

... And I didn't bottle it. :angry:

Accents from all over the country - where next?? :)

Another goodun. Is that the last Modern Snorefare (do you see what I did there?) one then? Mind you I cant comment as I didnt fill in my gaming week one again. I will this week. Honest.

Badger - you did a great job. And daring to choose Mario over Sonic while Ben was right there. You are a braver man than me.

Nice. I enjoyed it. That's some thick accent you have there 'punk, I wasn't expecting that at all.

i don't think of my accent as thick. Mind you, I don't hear myself recorded all that much. You think your voice is accent free, and when you record yourself, it's a shock.

OMFG Who's that janner twat with Ben??

Seriously, Hendo did a brill job cutting this one. I think we were talking for nearly 2 hours.

I just listened to the latest episode. Well done Paul, I think you did really well. Nice one for going with Mario over Sonic too, rub it in Ben's face. :lol:

Ben was a great host also, and I'm really looking forward to the DS show.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;)

Another goodun. Is that the last Modern Snorefare (do you see what I did there?) one then? Mind you I cant comment as I didnt fill in my gaming week one again. I will this week. Honest.

I was hoping we wouldn't talk about it in what we'd been playing tbh. I was pleasantly surprised by how little talk there was about it by everyone else, a surprise bonus to all the games coming out at once.

poor Cyberpunk, it's not his fault he talks funny

Seriously, Hendo did a brill job cutting this one. I think we were talking for nearly 2 hours.

Yep, took me fucking hours, but it came out alright.

There was a news section as well, but I cut it out without even listening to it, because it was too long, the recording that is, not the news section.

Good show though, you did a grand job, you made reading the gaming week sound effortless and that's not easy.

MFGamers Podcast 44 - Music From Games vol.15

Tunes chosen by Badger McCornish, Badjuju, Ben, Craymen Edge, Cyberpunk, DifferentClass, JimboXiii, RetroEd, Sly Reflex and wiivo.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 44 - Music From Games vol.15 (Enhanced version)

MFGamers Podcast 44 - Music From Games vol.15 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

your discussion of the Peter Gunn theme made me

facepalm.gif

Peter Gunn is an American private eye television series which aired on the NBC (produced by Revue Productions) and later ABC (produced by MGM Television) television networks from 1958 to 1961. The show's creator (and also writer and director on occasion) was Blake Edwards. A total of 114 thirty-minute episodes were produced.

Most memorable of all was the show's opening (and closing) Peter Gunn Theme, composed and performed by Mancini. A hip, bluesy, brassy number with an insistent piano-and-bass line, the song became an instant hit for Mancini, earning him an Emmy Award and two Grammys, and became as associated with crime fiction as Monty Norman's theme to the James Bond films is associated with espionage. The harmonies fit the mood of the show, which was a key to success.Versions of the theme have appeared in countless films, including The Blues Brothers and Sixteen Candles.

Yes, how could anyone forget the 1958 to 1961 classic Peter Gunn, an American private eye television series which aired on the NBC (produced by Revue Productions) and later ABC (produced by MGM Television) television networks.

Seriously, it's like we dont know we're born. Which of course we werent in 1958, nor even 1961. But it's good to know that while I was watching Cracker in the 90's you had your own hard hitting detective drama to keep you busy. Have you still got your Peter Gunn lunchbox? What about the pencil case? And the photo's from your trip around Revue Studios, where you got to meet the Peter Gunn himself, a star so famous and iconic for his role as Peter Gunn he isn't even mentioned in the wikipedia blurb you pasted.

Big up to Hendo for showing off this week and splicing in loads of real music.

Yes, how could anyone forget the 1958 to 1961 classic Peter Gunn, an American private eye television series which aired on the NBC (produced by Revue Productions) and later ABC (produced by MGM Television) television networks.

Seriously, it's like we dont know we're born. Which of course we werent in 1958, nor even 1961. But it's good to know that while I was watching Cracker in the 90's you had your own hard hitting detective drama to keep you busy. Have you still got your Peter Gunn lunchbox? What about the pencil case? And the photo's from your trip around Revue Studios, where you got to meet the Peter Gunn himself, a star so famous and iconic for his role as Peter Gunn he isn't even mentioned in the wikipedia blurb you pasted.

ouch.

its pretty famous for being in the blues brothers...

ouch.

its pretty famous for being in the blues brothers...

Wasn't that the Duane Eddy version?

Yay, I got the finisher this week!... :blush:

I thought is was a good set this week, deffo one of the stronger ones. I cringed a bit when Hendo used the term "world music" I know its just a label and I know what you mean but it is one of the most vague descriptions you can give something.

Yeah I know, I didn't think anyone would know what Qawwali was though (and I doubt I could pronounce it anyway) so I just stuck with the easy option.

And Jimbo, I said it was on The Blues Brothers and I also said I thought it was a '60's TV show. It's Ben that's the ignorant one.

Yeah I know, I didn't think anyone would know what Qawwali was though

I think Nas has name checked him, or someone. So of course we know who he is.

Edit: There was a question. Where did you get that version of the Soul Blade intro? because I just sent you a youtube clip of the intro itself and what you played wasn't that, it was better so I'm not complaining, just curious.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic