passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Last track! Wow! Amazing job. Will you mail it me? :o

Yeah no problem. :)

As I've already been asked, no, I didn't use an acapella version or have the mix tracks. I just whacked two mps's together of the two versions and silenced whichever one needed silencing. So on the chorus it's two mp3's running together.

I actually like the Lamb of God track, the more I listen to it, the more I appreciate the preciseness of the band. It could all be studio wizardry, but they seem to have brutally good technique. I used to be into metal like that but I'm old and boring now.

This one turned out really well despite it being bottom of the barrel stuff, it's actually one of the stronger ones. That GTA rap song is nowhere near as bad as that SF one from a while back, talking about it again brought back forgottan memories.

I agree, the standard on this one was really high, with Wiivo's horrendousness being the only one i really didnt like. For what it's worth I dont think either of the raps were as bad as made out, I wouldnt voluntarily listen to either (outside of the podcast), but I've heard worse.

We need tracks from people remember :)

Wiivo's was awful, and so was the GTA rap. Everything else was great and Hendo's remix was cool. Someone should put it up on YouTube, with a link to MFGamers. It'll go like this:

1: Put song on YouTube

2: Lots of people watch (still alive = instant views)

3: We get new members

4: ????

5: Profit

MFGamers Podcast 21 - What We're Playing 22/06/09

This week highlights include: Red Faction : Guerrilla, Manhunt 2, Boom Blox : Bash Party, Soul Bubbles, Touch Detective 2, Wolfenstein, Disaster : Day of Crisis and Grand Slam Tennis.

Also, The Gaming Week and news on the Digital Britain report and Activision flexing their pecs.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 21 - What We're Playing 22/06/09

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes button.

itunes.gif

Listened and liked. I think you've nailed the length, sometimes you feel podcasts go on too long but here you got alot of discussion in a short time without sounding rushed.

Apart from that mild dig at Halo you shit (a game which I am well aware of its flaws and exploitation but I will always defend it as one of the most varied and engaging competative games). All was good. :)

Another thing is I think someone other than me would be better to recomend Swords & Soldiers because you mentioned Tower Defence and I think they may have similar traits, I don't know I've never played a Tower Defence game and if they are alike then its a good start point for explaining it to someone, if they're not alike then whatever.

I had no problems downloading this as soon as Hendo posted that it was available. I listened to it today at work and it was another great episode. Ben, the DS flight control type game is Air Traffic Chaos, and I think it has only had a US release. Play-Asia have it for £15+P&P. Movietyme used to do it for 10.99 but it's not even listed on their site any more.

Another thing is that the podcast made me think I should play my Wii more often. Not because of any of the games that were mentioned, maybe Warioland, but I've ignored it a lot as of late. I've got Wii Sports Resort on pre-order, but I'm tempted by Tiger Woods 10, too.

I usually fuck up somehow and cant download it but it came down first time with no problems :)

I'm only just up to the news bit, but so far its another good episode. I agree there does seem to be a resurgence with the Wii on here at the moment. I needed a break from all the huge open games that I kept buying!

I will start posting on the 'what Ive been playing this week' thread when I start putting a few more hours in. A few hours a week of Star Ocean isnt really worth reporting on at the moment :)

yeah another good podcast :) (despite ben's halo hate)

I agree there does seem to be a resurgence with the Wii on here at the moment.

recently i keep buying wii games but not playing them :unsure: also not been playing much of note to post in the games week thread, but should have some interesting stuff arriving in a week or so to post about.

You still had problems downloading it, Jimbo?

The only possible difference I can see is that it's linked as MFG21.mp3 but on the server it was mfg21.mp3 so I've changed it so it's all caps as it should be. Make any difference?

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic