passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Kart Wii

Jimboxy

I'm getting excited now. Tomorrow is my last work day before its release and to celebrate/pass time I thought i'd start off its impressions thread :rolleyes:

My friend has now also booked the day off to buy it. We shall then be parting ways to play in our own homes, then he's coming up in the afternoon to try out local play.

Really cant wait.

mario-kart-wii-20071010082404969.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is looking rather goodbut i think im going to abstain form the karting goodness for awhile i reckon cos moneys a bit tight.

Unless i can finish something to trade-in...

Hmmm....

Sainsburys have them in stock atm, and i noticed theyre £28!

Stuff my GAME pre-order n free hat, i rather save moneh!

:lol:

Guess what I just got in the post....

Lucky. I'm jealous.

Not about Mario Kart - Your postman appears to come at 7:42 AM. Mines comes at 11 AM if I'm lucky.

I'll have to go into town tomorrow to trade in some stuff to buy this game. It better be worth it.

I'll post some feedback later but for now, I've done one 150cc GP, didn't win although I did come 1st and 3rd in 2 of the races (10th and 11th in the others...).

Need to mess with the controls to find which one I like best, obviously I had to try the wheel first, not sure about it yet.

It hasn't grabbed me and made me want to play all day like the others have (yep, even Double Dash) but I'll give it some time later and we will see...

Certainly looks pretty enough, its the first Wii game that doesn't look pap on my HDTV which is great! Seems to all run very smoothly too. I think that maybe using the wheel actually distances you from the game though, makes it feel less solid somehow?... I'll just shut up and go play some more.

I got mine in the mail today, too. :)

I'm going to try the wheel, but I can't see me sticking with it. The Wavebird or Nunchuk/Remote combo will be the two I'll be deciding between, I feel.

Edit: Well I've just done the first 50cc Grand Prix (I won, w00t) using the Wheel, and I can safely say that it will be packed away in favour of a different control method. It's too inaccurate, and I kept using the B button for fire, which is the hop button.

Mine is here - the wheel is pretty crappy to play with - gonna stick to classic controller i think. Not had a chance to go online yet, but I am about to. Where do we put friend codes on this fancy new message board?

I'm the same Ed, the buttons are deffo the wrong way around!!!

Its better with the Nunchuck, not going to use the wheel again. Going to try a Wavebird later though, hopefully that'll be spot on...

Just been online - won my first two races :) Full 12 players is a bit chaotic and everyone else was Japanese - no EU players yet.

My Friend Code is 3308-4672-5753. Let me know if you add me and i'll add you back.

damn you all. Whenever I order from game it doesnt arrive until the week after launch. Oh well, I would only be at work wishing I was home playing it.

Why has no one mentioned the channel yet? Is it not released until tomorrow?

yeah i've given up on the wheel, its alot of fun, don't get me wrong, but the GC pad just feels better (and is alot more accurate!)

so far i am loving this. better than DD i reckon (and i really liked that one)

also really like the fact your Miis line the side of the track, and that you can eventually use your Mii as a playable character!

I got as far as turning the game on and watching the trailer before I had to go to work. Ah well.

Although, I did see wiivo, you fire up the Channel from the Options screen. I did mine as I had only seconds to spare, and it took a whopping (for me) 82 blocks of memory.

*EDIT*

Just had a play about in the channel - they're one step closer to a decent online solution! You can send friends messages with your friend code in and it takes them straight into the MK channel. Sadly, you can't accept their code like that, you still have to punch them in manually, but, baby steps eh?

My code is 0602 - 6387 - 4632

Adding the 3 codes so far now.

*The return of EDIT*

The latest Retronauts podcast is all about the history of Mario Kart - right-click to download.

As with all Retronauts, it could be great, it could be an absolute mess. Haven't listened to it yet.

I was just about to post about the Retronauts podcast. I'm looking forward to listening to it at work tomorrow.

I've sent out messages to a few Wii forumites who are getting MK Wii, with my Friend Code. You can do this via the MK Channel, it's a nice touch. I got yours, Hendo. And you can accept them like that. I just clicked on the message from you that appeared on my message board, and it took me to the MK Channel and added your code without me having to type it in. :)

got mine today too, thought the wheel was quite good fun but soon changed to a gc pad for better accuracy.

hope you guys don't mind but i've added as many codes from here as i could find! just reject it if you want :)

my code is 1934-0786-7313, my name might come up as msm - unclear if it even uses the mii names?