passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pick a name, win a game

Hendo

I like massive-damage (shame about the hyphen) and i actually dont mind play want bin, my problems with it are that, it would be as if we stole it, and also might seem that the site is just about play want bin topics.... although i can see that a lot of what we talk about could be summed up with those words.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the only one i like is playwantbin, the others seem a bit generic or tied to a certain genre or game.

As was said before, the problem with play want bin is it is a thread on just anout every forum ever created.

Maybe change it slightly to something like

gamewantbin, or playwantgame

i dunno

:P

I'm not sold on playwantbin at all to be honest, i don't know why, i'm just not keen. To be completely honest i don't think any of the names suggested in the whole topic are better than the one we have, however i appreciate the drive for change. No offense to anyone who likes the suggested names, its just my opinion.

JimboXiii wrote:

I'm not sold on playwantbin at all to be honest, i don't know why, i'm just not keen. To be completely honest i don't think any of the names suggested in the whole topic are better than the one we have, however i appreciate the drive for change. No offense to anyone who likes the suggested names, its just my opinion.

Playwantbin is the best of the bunch, but you're right, none are as good as DS-Wiifi.

On the one hand if not everyone's happy then it's tempting to keep at it until everyone is.

On the other, that's probably never gonna happen.

I'm not gonna go into all the reasons why, but we need to make a break from this dodgy, held-together-with-sellotape software, we've evolved a bit more anyway, and as I say, there's other reasons for wanting a clean break. Onward and upward and all that. :)

not if they were called Stench Blossoms or crap weeds.

Back on subject, if we push on with the name change anyway, and then someone does think of something better then its not a massive amount of hassle to swap it over. Are you going to recode it from the ground up then? I could offer my services ;)

Well yeah the most important thing is to get some new software on the go. I doubt I'll be coding it from scratch, just getting some decent new stuff.

I'll try and find out if we can port across all the member profiles and posts across, but if not we'll just have to start from complete scratch, but we can't stay on this software for long, it's falling apart.

if you need me to provide encouragement over msn whilst you boys do all the hard stuff(like website designing and things) i'll help with that. Oh and I'll make sandwiches.....that only I'll be able to eat.....but I'll let you know how good they are and maybe send piccies too