The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Jimboxy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only person who's died so far then? I was trying to use the boomerang in a crowded room and wasnt really paying attention to how fast my health was dropping, and Bam. Not much of a punnishment for dying, I got put back to the start of the dungeon with pretty much all the puzzles solved so I just had to stroll back to where I was

Ben wrote:

Am I the only person who's died so far then?

Ive died a couple of times, ironically i fought that fish guy with only one heart of energy and whipped him no prob.

Who else has ordered Movietyme on this site?,

I did. i find Movietyme very hit and miss but Zelda was fairly speedy to be fair, i only ordered it on its release and it arrived Saturday.

As for the game, its been a pleasure so far, not the most exciting game ive ever played but the whole touch screen thing adds an element of depth.

My problem has been my DS itself, the touch screen is slightly off (a la Hendo) and its been fucking me ever so slightly. Also, my terrible videogame luck produces zero hearts when i need them and all the hearts in the world when i dont, hence i have died a couple of times.

Im just trying to find my way through the terrible fog to the north.

illdog wrote:

RetroEd wrote:
Mine arrived today, w00t! I can't wait to get stuck into it. Karen's working the next three nights, so I know what I'll be doing when I go to bed.

Wahey! Getting stuck in eh? Wahey! In bed eh? Wahey!

:blush:

That's why he's bought so many wipe-clean screen protectors

Wahey!

Well I played this a fair bit yesterday, and I'm now at the third (Sun) Temple. I've also been to a hidden island where, once you've solved the puzzle on it, you get to play a game that involves hitting targets for points. It reminded me of Diddy Kong Racing, but was pretty fun nonetheless, and I kept on until I beat the high score.

I'm having a great time with Phantom Hourglass. It's no secret that I'm not the biggest fan of the 3D Zelda's, so I feel right at home here. I love being able to annotate the maps, it puts you into the game a bit more and can be incredibly useful. True, it's not been the most challenging Zelda thus far, but I can say with confidence that this is my favourite Zelda since A Link to the Past on the SNES.

Big thumbs up from me, it's everything I wanted it to be.

As much as im also loving this, I cant help feeling that everything looks a bit bland, to the point where it affects how I feel about the game slightly.

I just finished the second temple, and I get that it was a desert theme and there's only so much you can do with squares of sand, but it just all looks so drab and dull - anyone get me?

Dont get me wrong, the characters are great and the story is good and the gameplay enjoyable, I supposed we were just spoilt with the gorgeous Windwaker and TP. And I appreciate this is on the humble DS so shut up.

I got mine today and I ordered it a few days after it came out looks like Movietyme didnt fuck me over for a change tell you what though I wish I got the japanese box now the US one is pretty poor show the spine is terrible aswell obviously not as bad as the PAL one but still its not great.