passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

I like the FEAR 2 demo but I'll wait and see what the prices are like after it comes out.

Maybe because I'm a fan of the series, but I'm willing to give Resi 5 a chance. It's not all going to be in the daylight and not all the enemies will be the same, but then it doesn't disguise the fact that the controls are stuck in the past, where the game is trying to convince you it's an action game. Dead Space and Gears have shown the way forward, and Dead Space especially has shown that an action game can also be a survival horror.

Do you think the controls are something they could (and would) patch, and wouldn't deeply kill the game, as it's already been designed for tank controls?

Supposedly the PSN version of RE5 is up today, any of the ps3ers getting it and want to try the co-op?

BTW from what I hear it's either an only build on the ps3 or it's lacking detail compared to the 360 version (not played either so I'm just going off what the internet says)

I wont be :( I dont like RE games - I tried the 360 demo and I just hated it - controls especially. Then again -I've never like a Resi game yet. Even 4 on the Wii - bought it, couldnt do it, hated it.

I hated the demo too, but the more times I play it in co-op, the more I like it. I would never play it in SP though, The AI is bloody useless.

FEAR 2 demo is pretty good. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is at all. Shall look into buying the first.

the first was really good wiivo, especially at the time. sure its still great. probably best to get it for pc if you have a rig that can run the bitch on higher settings. in fact, i think ill play it through again!!! very atmospheric, brilliant AI and glorious shootouts with dust and debris flying everywhere as your meaty guns churn up walls and obstructions (and enemies).

Supposedly the PSN version of RE5 is up today, any of the ps3ers getting it and want to try the co-op?

I got rid of it on the 360 cos my HD is chocca. I'm getting it on PSN because on my second go it was starting to grow on me a little. So if you want a go just give us a shout.

I still dont get why everyone else's psn connection seems so slow. Mine downloaded in about 15 minutes. Not that im bragging, I'm sure half of you have better net than i do, but there just seems to be a wall stopping you connecting.

Anyway I had a quick go, it's not too bad, very RE4, at least with Type A controls. I'll have another go tomorrow with D type i think, as looking around in the cramped space is a bit of a mare

now we've got faster broadband i went on a demo downloading spree, got the last guy, gti club, resistance, motorstorm 2. only tried gti club so far, seemed ok but not £12 ok. downloads are much faster now (although a hamster carrying large foam 0's and 1's would have provided better speeds than what we were on previously) but the installs still take ages.

me and DifferentClass had a couple of games of RE5 last night, the co-op works really well once I worked out that to accept the invitation I had to go into my friends list, find DC, wait for it to load, then choose an option. It should really be handled in game.

The game works a hell of a lot better with a human partner, although perversely our tactic, which was successful, was just to abandon each other, only helping each other out when we accidentally stumbled across each other.e It was a lot of fun this way though, much better than the chore that the single player can be. The highlight was probably me hiding in a house, barricading the door, nonchalantly ransacking the items, then bricking it because villages had busted in from the back and the axe guy was knocking down a wall.

The low light was on the 2nd level when I thought I was being clever, there were some villagers stood in front of a barrel so rather than shoot them I shot it. Turns out it's a bigger explosion than you'd think, big enough to reach the barrel i was stood next to, killing me :(

Yes, hopefully the full game will have a lobby system. The one in the demo is.. well.. there isn't one. After the demo ended we were rudely seperated mid chat.

Our aimlessly running around while waiting for the chopper was a great stratergy, they were expecting us to stay together and hold fort but you can't predict a couple of guys that don't know what they're doing themselves. :)

I suppose I have a love/hate relationship with the co-op, there times were it was fun but others when it isn't well exacuted.

Played through both basic and advanced tutorials and campaign missions of the Halo Wars demo and it's exactly what I expected it to be. :)

Controls are mapped really well to the pad, everything looks lovely and sounds and looks exactly like a Halo game should.

I'm neither a Halo fan nor a Halo hater, nor do I go berserk for RTS games, but this has the right amount of control and depth for me to enjoy it. There's no multi in the demo but I doubt I'll be playing much of multi in the full game anyhow, as I'll only get my arse kicked.

This will be the first RTS game I buy since Red Alert : Retaliation on the PS1.