passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

Honestly i couldnt disagree more.From the hour or so I've played of it they seem to have sorted the shooting from the last version, pace is now more of an asset, meaning if you get in front of a defender you may just stay infront of them, and player movement has been smartened up, maybe not as much as it could have been but they still move better than the last few games.

The game looks fine for a Pro Evo game, again much better than last years, but granted it's not in Fifas graphical class.

As for the updates, last year I'd have agreed with you, there were still too many things wrong with 6 that hadnt been sorted, but this time it seems like they've done something about it.

I really cant agree with you on this, this is the most fun I've had with Pro Evo since the Cube version (WE) For me each version has had its own feel, for the last few years anyway. 4 was quite arcadey, especially compared to the slow 5, and 6 made you think more but was much less forgiving with the shooting.

I had a quick go at SEGA Raly earlier, and came 2nd in my first race, using the Scooby. Couldn't quite get first, though. It was only a brief play, but I did enjoy myself. I'm currently playing in 50Hz composite 'goodness', and the graphics still impressed me.

I too downloaded Pro Evo demo last night, played 3 matched this morning (all before 7am u lazy unemployed bums).

First imression was a good one in respect that the last 360 offering was very slow, this time round theyve sorted that out.

Second imression, not so good. My first match was all about me, my domination in possesion deserved more than the 0-0 draw i came away with. Some awful AI deciosions redarding passing (STILL) and even tho a beautiful pass along the ground found Tevez he still skyed it embarrisingly high.

I was caught offside about 40 times throughout the 3 matches I played which was a gripe I had with 2005 so I wasnt impressed with that, but thats were the negativity ended.

I was pleased to see they've sorted out the crossing, a quick tap of the B button sent a nice close quater cross onto the head of Crespo instead of to the corner flag as I expected. And realisticly, he missed the oppertunity as the ball was just passed him and slightly above him, so even tho that was a negative toward me I was impressed with the physics.

Further play will reveal more, but im poking a turtle head in anticipation.

I started off really good at it, now i've gone a bit shit :( The crossing does seem better, and is it just me or have they added analogue passing finally? I seem to be misplacing passes badly because I'm lazily putting it in the general area rather than precisely where I want it, purely because on previous pro evos they only had 8-way passing. Same with headers.

And maybe it's just me, but has anyone else heard what sounds like someone clearing their throat? It happens maybe 3 times a match

I read a review of the new pro evo and they raved about it, saying it was definitely the best yet, and I hope so too 6 is way too hard on the middle difficulty and its impossible to stay in posession for longer than a few passes as the attackers cant use their pace and the AI always seem to win the ball (this is on master league mode).

Yes Ben, analogue passing has been introduced and the review seemed to suggest that there was still some polishing to do on the graphics side of things. You probably did hear someone clearing their throat as the review wasnt impressed with the commentary and they said things like clearing of the throat or Lawro going on for ages got in the way.

Im going to download this later on because I played on pro evo 6 last night for 2 hours on hard in master league and my players are so shit that in the whole time i played i managed about 7 shots on target and all losses apart from 3 draws. It was such a fucking frustrating thing to watch my player just get overtaken by a defender or see the oppositions passes going exactly to a player feet or perfectly weighted for a great strike, Id trade it in if anyone actually fucking wanted it.

Heres hoping that the new version is any good, because I can remember the times where merely suggesting that Fifa was the best of the two would earn you an atomic wedgie.

I played Pro Evo some more last night and my opinions changed. Some simple passing went so frustratingly wayward and some of the shots my top players were taking were laughable.

Couple that with the fact I went 3 - 0 down against Turkey within the first 25 mins due to some hilarious "skill" from the computer (cunt). The same player lept over all my challenges on the first goal and belted it im like he was playing againt 9 year olds and the other two gaols were form corners and both came off the underside of the bar...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I played the Jericho demo last night (sorry, Clive Barker's Jericho) and it could have been my comatose state of being up for a stupid ammount of time but I struggled to get into it. I might have to play it again today in a more wide awake state, but there was a section with our old friend the Quick Time Events that I swear I had to do about 20 times because I kept failing.

The concept is pretty cool and the style and graphics are stunning but I'll have to play it again.

I also played the skate demo again and I'm a bit better at it so I might pick it up when I find some cash.

I've been playing the Jericho & Skate demos & the Jericho one made me eyes/head go funny after 5 minutes of play. :( All that ducking/bobbing/weaving is too much for me I fear. Sudoku here we come...

I tried The Simpsons demo last night and I'm still not sure about it. I can't decide if it will be a not-so-great game or they just gave us a pretty bad demo. Not that it seemed broken or unfinished but it felt like an infuriating boss battle - surely not the best way to show off your game? There's also some problems with the camera but I can live with that, but the goal to complete that boss is 4 minutes, took me about 30! Granted I kept pausing it, or wandering round the level but I could tell it was taking longer than it should have done.

I'm definately waiting for the reviews.

How long has the PGR4 demo been there? Oh well, I'm nabbing that and Conan.

Yep, takes a fair while to download though.

I'm still willing to give The Simpsons game the benefit of the doubt as even the most average of Simpsons games have been pretty enjoyable, apart from The Simpsons Wrestling which is a blot on my otherwise sterling PS1 collection, but I keep it for the memories (that, and I wouldn't get fuck all for it).

Conan, that game I could write an entire essay on!

It's so shoddily and cheapily put together, enjoyable to an extent but it's such a rip-off of God of War but without that game's flair or sense of drama.

The combat is wonky, the camera is fixed (insert Family Fortunes buzzer here) and the right stick? Well if the camera is fixed it must be using the right stick for an important job eh? No, any direction causes you to roll.

Jesus Christ.

I can't decide if it has a unique graphical style (especially in the cut scenes) or it's just shitty looking. The little scenes when you save your men are a copy and paste job and the whole thing reeks of a hasty "we need a God of War game and we have the Conan name" job. As I say it's not shite but it's nowhere near my buying list

Hendo wrote:

I tried The Simpsons demo last night and I'm still not sure about it. I can't decide if it will be a not-so-great game or they just gave us a pretty bad demo. Not that it seemed broken or unfinished but it felt like an infuriating boss battle - surely not the best way to show off your game? There's also some problems with the camera but I can live with that, but the goal to complete that boss is 4 minutes, took me about 30! Granted I kept pausing it, or wandering round the level but I could tell it was taking longer than it should have done.

I'm definately waiting for the reviews.

my thoughts exactly, the camera seems soo broken in places and the controls are a little unresponsive as well, I've had higgh hopes for this for a whiole and the demo last night didn't really fill me with much confidence

but i'm sure it'll be fun, full of simpsons humour which will allow me to overlook any problems

like i did with hit and run (which i rather enjoyed to be honest)