passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

SWOS has taken a back seat to the might that is Castlevania SotN.

It took me a while to get going on it, purely because like a few other games we've talked endlessly about this year, stat building in an action game means that the game doesnt really show itself until you've levelled up a bit. I'm currently trying to remember where all the blocked routes are now I've got the mist form.

Hendo made a good point to me the other day though, that playing this one really shows how little the series has progressed since.

Also to please illdog I had the music going through my surround sound and it was awesome. However today it's been drowned out by Alice in Chains, sorry ill

Ben wrote:

SWOS has taken a back seat to the might that is Castlevania SotN.

Also to please illdog I had the music going through my surround sound and it was awesome. However today it's been drowned out by Alice in Chains, sorry ill

Dont make me come up there.

And Ikaruga on Live? That would be smashing, just smashing. Waiting for Rez too, after the awesomeness of E4.

TopGunKnacker wrote:

what are you meant to do on E4? just 'fire' over large groups of shapes?

I suppose thats it really, you detonate your craft over the enemy in an effort to set off a chain reaction of explosions for massive points.

Thing is your time is constantly running down, so you have to use your ability to end the exposion so as to collect more time icons before you set off another chain reaction for more points. Obviously the longer you leave a chain reaction the higher the score, but the longer you leave it the more time you run out of - it becomes very tactical.

Swallow wrote:

Yur, because sales have ANYTHING to do with quality.

Good point!

Mind you we are talking about Space Giraffe here.

Tee hee, only jesting.

I didn't really get on with it, but I was tempted to buy it anyway just to support one of my childhood heroes until Minter went into throw-toys-out-of-pram mode.