passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock

Sambob

No impressions of it yet then?

Hows everyone finding it, has it lived up to the hype so far?

Personally i think id take it down a notch, its a definite 9 but i wouldnt give it a ten. I take an issue with the over reliance on the dark rooms. I know that it makes a great atmosphere, but sometimes one dark room looks like another, and i find that Im really looking forward to a massive, well lit environment. Ive not played it all the way through yet, and im not saying that there isnt a single area like ive specified, some of the parts, especially the beggining where you're in the water, look amazing.

Id still give it a nine, ive not played it multi yet so i dont know how that side of it will be.

If i had to add one thing I think it would be a lightsaber instead of a wrench....heres hoping.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sambob wrote:

ive not played it multi yet so i dont know how that side of it will be.

I've not played it (hopefully getting a 360 next week), but I heard there was no multiplayer. They decided to concentrate on the single player and didn't want it to seem like an afterthought...I'm looking at you The Darkness..

Yep, no multi, Sam. As Aidan says, a very good thing as they concentrated on making a superb single player.

I have heard that The Darkness is great in single but gash in multi and it's just tacked on.

I'm only about a quarter through it from what I've been told (no GameFAQS this time, someone on GTM knows where I'm up to and says I'm 25% in) and it is a definite 9 to me, possibly a 10, but I was a little disappointed by the lack of destructable stuff in the environment. Not a fucking big deal though!

Awesome game that everyone should experience. If not Game of the Year then it's certainly gonna be in the top 5.

This gets the patented Hendo "Yes!" sticker.

Hendo wrote:

This gets the patented Hendo "Yes!" sticker.

You know I could make those. Litterally. :lol:

There's already DS-Wiifi Vinyl stickers in the Realnoize Online store... :)

But about Bioshock... Only played the demo. I only hope the game is better than the demo. Because I wasn't impressed as much as I would've liked. Or as much as everybody told me I would be.

The demo, while looking very good with great atmosphere, was bog-standard FPS fare... but still a very nice one.

oh my life what a good game, only got it today (thanks to a fuck up on amazons part, i preordered it like 6 weeks before release...) and not had much chance to play yet, but what i've seen so far i absolutely love. Had to make a few moral choices regarding the little sisters. I actually found it a tough call on whether to take all there adam to set them free, i went for taking the whole lot but i might start over and do it the other way. Also fought a couple of big bros as well, couldn't seem to figure a pattern to killing them, i managed it more by luck. The only part i've not been to impressed by is the hacking, seems like it'll get a little tedious, but apart from that so far so good.

Thought you might be interested in some rumours.

Is nothing safe anymore? Doesn't look like it. People digging around the game's innards have stumbled upcoming what they're claiming are details of downloadable content for the awesome BioShock.

The first thing you've got to remember is that there's no option to download extra content in the Bioshock menu. The second thing you've got to remember is that it can be added via the wonder of Xbox Live. Didn't it happen with one of the Doom games back on Xbox?

Anyway, it looks like we're in for extra Plasmid action in the form of four new powers; Machine Buster, Vending Expert, Sonic Boom and EVE Saver. They all speak for themselves but the whispers don't go as far as saying if they'll be free or not.

We'd like to think they would be, it's not like a whole new level or a multiplayer map pack that 2K's giving away...

Check out the up-skirt shot here. We'll get on to 2K this morning but we reckon it's all true - that new Plasmids are coming, not about them being free. We only guessing at that...

Hope they're free.

Been playing this a fair bit over the weekend (like Phoenix Wright 3, trying to get this done before Super Paper Mario arrives in my Wii's slot) and it's great fun.

The genius nature of your friend list means you can see exactly what your friends are doing in their game, so I can tell that me and Sam are at pretty much the same spot - building a bomb....

Unless there's a big twist and the game is a lot bigger than it suggests, it looks like it's near the end, and what a ride it has been!

Rapture is an awesome place but as it stands I'm not really any closer to understanding why it all fell apart.

Apparently the ending clears up quite a few things, including why your plane crashed at the start, but if it doesn't and I haven't grasped it all I'll have a look for a plot guide. I know I needed one for Killer7!

Yeah its all cleared up a little bit later, although if you're building a bomb then you should be very close to finding out.

Im passed building the bomb now, and im building something else its a very exciting something else, and it highlights how much your powers change you.

Its a really good game, but as i was saying to Jimbo the other day im really desperate to finish it now and im not paying it as much attention as i should be.

I left the title screen on the other day whilst i was doing something else and then when i looked at the screen it was showing what I imagine was a promo video from a while ago where you are seeing the city through the eyes of some unlucky fella as he tries to capture a little sister.

You watch (through said doomed man's eyes) as the protecting big daddy comes along and then drills bits through the guys hand and after a brief chase where the guy gets to a ledge you look down to see a Bouncer's drill coming through your stomach from the back.....

I was a lot more wary of the big daddys after watching that.

Ya should get it Ed, it is a top notch game. I think people are selling it on because its not the longest game in existence so i can see most people getting rid of it when its done. For me and the time being though - its a keeper. Gonna have another run through on Hard at some point