passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Clearing out again?

Hendo

yeah, youre right. i guess that if i make an ass out of u and me and assume that ill be treated to an average lifespan, therell be plenty of opportunities in the future to play games that i sell now again, if i so desire. hell, a couple of consoles down the road and we'll probably see gamecube games appear on the virtual console of that time, xbox games on xbl etc. then i wont have to pay 30 quid for pikmin 2 :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

illdog wrote:

i think I can speak for Hendo when i say this was a package deal, all to go there and then. £300 smacks out of nothing really.

That's exactly it.

I could've made a shitload more selling on eBay or whatever but it feels so much better to dump them all in one go - more convenient too.

I don't want to touch my Cube collection but anything else from now on is fair game.

If I'm not gonna play it after I've completed it I'll trade it in. There are the odd exception to this (like the Phoenix Wright games) but in general I'll trade in from now on if I don't take to a game after a while or have completed it and exhausted its fun.

Look at it like this - you buy a shitload of games all the time, tell yourself you'll play them when there's a dry period or when you retire or something but we all know it won't happen - they'll just all build up.

Another point is come the weekend I'll have 360, X-box, PSP, PS2, Wii, and DS games to buy (and the odd Cube game to pick up). I just can't afford anymore to buy a game on a whim that I didn't really want (Brain Training and Pangya spring to mind) and I have to get rid of them if they're less than stellar.

Also, I'm running out of space for all this. I'm gonna end up getting rid of a load of CD's and DVD's soon too, if I have to I'll give some away just to get some space.

I reckon I'm going to trade Eledee's in at GAME soon, any idea what I'll get Hendo? (Edit, just seen it, £15) I think that's the only Wii game I could do without, that and SMB:BB, but that's not worth much.

Kudos for trading all those games in, though. There's no way I could trade in my DS games.

has anyone ever seen the 40 year old virgin? i feel like him soemtimes, with all the games around my room that ill never get real enjoyment again or at all out of because i wont play them. i just put them on a pedestal and get indirect pleasure from owning them. i think maybe a buy-play-sell policy is a good one

Yeah, I know what you mean TopGun, I'm back at my family's home over the summer and Hendo has inspired me to get rid of some games that were just taking up room. I've got loads of PS2 games like SSX on Tour, Killzone, Dark Chronicle (rare apparently) and psychonauts that I'm going to get rid of. I enjoyed them at the time but they just sit there now. Plus I don't play Animal Crossing, Yoshi Touch and Go, Phoenix Wright, Mario and Luigi or Meteos anymore, so I figure if I want a 360 (which I now really really do) I'm going to have to bite the bullett and get rid.

And yes, 40 year old virgin is awesome, make sure you go see Knocked Up. I'm going tomorrow, Seth Rogen is a legend...

you bet, looks like itll be good. beerfest is another quality film, if youve seen it.

now im going to start the big drive of finishing a select few games that i really must play, then i can start selling off my collection proper, and be free to buy and sell like a stockmarket uber chief :D

you have a lot to answer for, hendo

just kidding :D

:ohmy:

Woah! I wasn't trying to start a Pied Piper gaming revolution! "Throw down your games collections! Follow meeeeeeee!"

I'm just trying to put down my justifications onto paper, well, text I suppose.

If I could afford to, I'd love to have a collection to bask in, but sadly I can't afford to. Nor do I have the space.

I'm sure in time I will regret selling all this stuff, but then I always remember that you gotta move forward at some point, and like wiivo selling his old stuff for the latest version, that's what I have to do in order to afford something I've been after for about a year at least.

Hendo wrote:

Oh and Phooey - like the last time, they took my American DS games. :)

Really ? :ohmy: Stupid question, but did they realise they were US versions ? I would've thought when they scanned them into their machine it would've picked up that they were imports. Maybe I'll test the waters down here in Plymouth & see what they do.

And that's pretty neat that you got £300 for that lot. It's the way forward for (my) gaming now. Play it, trade it, except for certain games/genres. ;)

Hendo wrote:

Woah! I wasn't trying to start a Pied Piper gaming revolution! "Throw down your games collections! Follow meeeeeeee!"

heh, i know you werent but it brought up the subject and its been on my mind for a while. so i could make a lot more money on ebay, y'reckon? idve thought definitely for the gamecube collection, probably get peanuts for them at game or gamestation.

Phooey wrote:

Hendo wrote:

Oh and Phooey - like the last time, they took my American DS games. :)

Really ? :ohmy: Stupid question, but did they realise they were US versions ? I would've thought when they scanned them into their machine it would've picked up that they were imports. Maybe I'll test the waters down here in Plymouth & see what they do.

And that's pretty neat that you got £300 for that lot. It's the way forward for (my) gaming now. Play it, trade it, except for certain games/genres. ;)

I've traded a US Super Mario 64 at Plymouth GAME in the past, and it scanned up at £20 and they took it with no questions. :)

You would make more on eBay, TGN, but don't forget to take into consideration the packing costs and listing fee's. There's a certain knack (;) ) to it, but once you know the workings, it's a pretty good way of offloading things.

well i was just checking the gamecube section on ebay, its dead! none of my searches for my games to gauge prices came up with much. so either no-one would buy them, or conversely, theyll be snapped up due to gc drought on ebay..

what would you say the going rate for p&p on a game is?

Try searching Completed Listings (there's a box you tick on the left hand column). This will give you a rough idea of what to expect to receive for them.

I tend to put £2 P&P for a DVD cased game. You make enough to send the game, and cover any listing fee's. Some charge less, but some charge more, which is a bit of a piss take.

Yeah Phoo, every game gets scanned and then they get an instant price for it. Every game I put forward was accepted. :)

Shame as 3 of my most definite trade-ins I didn't take to the shop because I knew they wouldn't accept them - that being Super Mario 64 DS, Project Rub and LostMagic.

The first two they'll not accept because there's no instructions, and LostMagic has no instructions and no case. :(

Hendo wrote:

and LostMagic has no instructions and no case. :(

PIRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might be joining the 'selling things club'. FYI you might want to come up with a better name for your club. Some of my things are heading to ebay tonight, I'd offer them to you lot but they're buyitnow prices and not as cheap as I'd want to sell to you guys.

Was in GAME yesterday trading in some stuff in preparation for getting a 360 when I get back to London. Got around £70 for 4 or 5 old PS2 games and a couple of DS games so I'm pretty happy. Still have a lot to trade in, including £25 for Red Steel :)

There was one disappointment, they only gave me £5 for Dark Chronicle, I've seen it go for over £20 on Ebay, but I've never sold on there anyway...

aidanon wrote:

There was one disappointment, they only gave me £5 for Dark Chronicle, I've seen it go for over £20 on Ebay, but I've never sold on there anyway...

Yeah, that one holds its value well. I paid £18 second hand from Cash Converters a couple years back.

Hmm, I'm going to have to trade some stuffs in I reckon, so far I have Eledees (£15)...