passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock Demo

Shin_Seffron

Anyone who wants a 360! GET ONE!

I have just finished playing the Bioshock demo on PC and can definently say its fucking worth the entrance fee of this console this game is instant single player game of the year.

yeah i'm still stoked about blue dragon as well despite the reviews (which are slating it because its a turn based rpg, personally i fucking hated ff12 and its "action turnbased" nonsense but thats a rant for another thread) also looking forward to eternal sonata as well. Looks a bit different and quirky. But i still think bioshock will def be the game to have on 360 this year, just because it seems to totally reinvent a stale genre, however if its not a genre your interested in to begin with i imagine it'll be a hard sell.

I reckon so Ed its kind of like Metroid Prime its from a 1st person point of view but its not really a Shooter its more like the Eldar Scrolls with Guns.

This should tide me over till Jericho and Fallout 3 arrive next year.

which reminds me

FALLOUT 3!!1!!!!1!111!! *DIES*B);) :ohmy: :lol::blink: :woohoo: :lol: :whistle: :side: :cheer: :S :dry: :pinch: :kiss: :S

Playing through the demo I can imagine later on how amazing this game will get. I found it quite chilling when i sat and listened to the little girl collecting adam, from the rafters you can hear her sing nursery ryhmes and talk to herself its major creepy as is the lighting the game is simply sublime as Hendo says Metacritic does not lie.

I can't imagine it reaching FEAR type of actual dread and freakyness but its more of a WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT IN THE SHADOWS kind of scary all good though and only 2 days till its out hurrah.

RetroEd wrote:

Is it worth it even if I'm not the biggest FPS fan in the world?

Im not the worlds biggest FPS fan and I really enjoyed the demo and cant wait for the game.

Its hard not to get involved in the atmosphere it invokes. The proof is in the playing sir.

Centy wrote:

I found it quite chilling when i sat and listened to the little girl collecting adam, from the rafters you can hear her sing nursery ryhmes and talk to herself

Yeah, as she stabs that dude repeatedly in the head...:dry:

Centy wrote:

I found it quite chilling when i sat and listened to the little girl collecting adam, from the rafters you can hear her sing nursery ryhmes and talk to herself

Yeah, as she stabs that dude repeatedly in the head...:dry:

Oh i liked that bit :) am i disturbed? :S

I played the demo. Looks good. But I was expecting more out of it. Maybe it's because so many people telling it's like the second coming of christ or something... I was expecting... more.

What makes this game special is the overall setting, the atmosphere... because otherwise it's a bog standard FPS.

Don't get me wrong. IT IS a great game. Probably the best FPS on the market since a while. There's tons of shit worth playing in there. But really, I would play it more to uncover the story, the feel the overall experience, than because it is innovative or revolutionnary, two things that this game isn't.

It just doesn't make me rush out to the store to buy it. Although I WILL buy it, eventually. Because I don't think it's worth my 70 quids (no game on its own does). I'll way for the price of the game to drop (could take a while though).

I can't remember the last game that was as hyped as this. Everybody's pumped for it!

In fairness I'm quite calm over it, if I get dead excited about it I'll only be disappointed - I'm more excited about having a 360, taking it online and having some internet chums shoot me in the face.

Good times.

I reckon it will be a great game as Noize said its nothing really new but what it does it does with great style and a terrific story. Because to be fair as a standalone shooter its not very good the controls are optimised far too much towards the 360 and as a shooter its relatively poor but the story and frankly the fucked up shit going on is going to make it a great game.

Hehe. I've been reading all these good things about this game & feeling slightly pissed that I haven't got a 360. But then I realised I could play it on my PC. :whistle:

Will my specs be ok ?

Intel Core 2 CPU6400 @2.13GHz

Memory (RAM) 1GB

Graphics card NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900GS

Gaming Graphics 511MB Total available graphics memory

Primary hard disk 270GB free

And I'm on Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

System RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Hard disk space: 8GB free space

you meet and in most cases surpass the minimum requirements above, is that a core 2 duo e6400 cpu youre running? even though its only 2.13 ghz its got two cores and is more powerful than a p4 so you would definitely still meet the minimum requirements there too id say. in fact the recommended requirements i saw -

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

System RAM: 2GB

Video card:

DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)

DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

- just have 'Intel Core 2 Duo Processor' as the recommended cpu, so any must be able to do the trick. must have good multithreading.

I'm now a few hours into the game and I think I can safely say it deserves the accolades it's getting.

Firstly, it's not "just a shooter". The RPG style elements really make the game feel truly open to you, to the point where you can focus on just being a badass with a wrench if you want, and fuck off all the other weapons.

Comparisons with Metroid Prime spring to mind (also rightly described as not "just a shooter").The path you have to go to progress in the story is fairly linear but you can deviate at any point and back track if you so wish.

The shooting element is one big part of the game, but then so is the exploration, the incidental storylines (similar to Prime's but not as dull, as you hear them speak rather than have to read it all), the afore-mentioned RPG elements of gaining new abilities and putting strengths in certain ones, the humour, the horror....oh lord, it's good.

:)

My only real gripes with it (and they are teeny, admittedly) is the occasional glitch with a dead body and that the environment is not as destructable as I would've liked, but as I say, these are small fry to what's on offer.