passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock Demo

Shin_Seffron

Just played through the demo which is available from Xbox Live, and i have to say this game certainaly seems to be living up to its Hype.

Wont post any spoilers, but this game has a terrific sense of atmosphere, very dark and creepy.

Anyone else played it yet?

I've heard it's ace but takes an absolute age to come down the pipe.

I'm tempted to sneak into dead rabbit's house while he's on holiday and download the bad boy.

It looks fucking immense!

An old mate of mine wouldn't stop going on about System Shock so he's probably going nuts over this.

hinn888 wrote:

the demo is quality! i tink bioshock has the best game graphics ever, especially the fire and the water

Not seen Crysis then ;)

Waiting on the PC version coming out before i play this (gamepads and 1st person= joke) apparently its going to be very modable so hoping for some excellent stuff to come out a couple of months after the game itself.

Oh yes, it goes without saying Crysis has the best graphics out of anything, its been built from the ground up with DX10 in mind, Bioshock on the 360 looks amazing cos of what theyve managed to squeeze out of the 'old' technology ;)

I shall be purchasing Bioshock - i wanted to order it from Shopto.net as they have a limited tin edition for a few pence more, but you cant order it now due to high demand :angry:

Ah well ill give it a few days then ill order the normal version :) Wont wanna go to work on thursday :laugh:

Yeah Bioshock does look nice though it has a wierd effect like Doom3 had. But this, Unreal engine 3 and id Tech 5 all look stunning for DX 9. Is Jerhico coming to 360 as that looks amazing aswell but good to hear the demo is playing nicely should be promosing PC Gamer gave it a nice healthy 95% last issue so i reckon its a GOTY contender.

Eurogamer's review is up - clicky

It's a beast of a 3 page review but no spoilers apparently. Oh, and those review scores so far?

Game Informer: 10/10

Games Radar: 10/10

PC Gamer UK: 95%

OXM UK: 10/10

Alternative Press: 5/5

PC Zone: 96%

Gamer.tv: 5/5

Eurogamer.net: 10/10

I think the internet may be a lot quieter when this comes out next week.

More scores....

oxm uk: 10/10

pc gamer uk: 95/100

pc zone: 96/100

eurogamer: 10/10

gamer.tv: 5/5

game informer: 10/10

ap magazine: 5/5

computers & video games: 9.5/10

gamepro: 10/10

1up: 10/10

xbox world: 94/100

gamespy: 5/5

console and gameworld: 99/100

ign: 9.7/10

gamesradar: 10/10

I think I'm going to have to see how much is on my credit card.

Dunno how new this news is, but MS have confirmed that this Friday (coincidence, non?) the 360 is dropping in price.

The new black console with its fancy HDMI port, 120GB hard drive and black peripherals will come in at GBP 299.99 (EUR 441), prompting a GBP 30 cut in the Premium pack to GBP 249.99 (EUR 367), and GBP 20 chop for the Core down to GBP 179.99 (EUR 264).

A standalone 120GB hard drive will cost you GBP 129.99 (EUR 191).

All three will be effective this Friday.

I'm gonna need me 300 quid just for a basic system (that retard-pack can get bent) and a copy of Bioshock.

That's before you look at a Live sub and chuck in some MS points.

:(

EDIT

News for Centy.

2K Games is to release the PC BioShock demo in the nick of time - it's out 7pm EST, which is like 1am over here.

The publisher's said previously it was pulling out all the stops to get the PC demo out before the game ships in the States on August 22. So, good going 2K.

Also, the publisher has this to say about the demo - "Please be sure to download the latest drivers from ATI and Nvidia that will be available Monday for best performance with your video cards.".

Presumably the demo is the same as the one that's already released for Xbox 360.