passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Getting a 360...

SlyEnemy 2.0

Apparently the cable that comes with the machine should be more then sufficient for my needs, should I not wish to move my router. There's no way I'm splashing out the cash for something that should be in the system already, I'll make do with it being hard-wired.

Edit: Is this a good price for the live camera and UNO? http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=2210

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah it is a bit of a pisstake that you have to spend so much money just to make the thing wireless. it shouldve come with that functionality. with that in mind, them charging so much seems tripley ruthless and out of order.

oh well, ill have to buy one when i get round to getting a 360, and ill cry as my cursor hovers intently over the buy button on some website i can get 5 quid off it on, all the time feeling bill gates billion dollar bionic cock made of smelted dollar coins creeping up my arsehole.

RetroEd wrote:

I've just realised. If I do end up getting a 360, I'm going to have to either move my router (not a huge problem as I have another phone socket behind the TV unit), or get a really long Ethernet cable, as the Microsoft WiFi adaptor thingy is around 55 quid!

I have a wireless router, but at the moment its near to both my 360 and PC so theyre both hardwired to it. The wireless is just used by my Wii and DS, but when i move my PC has a wireless card so ill just have to make sure the router can be near the 360...

...anyway, when i was looking at routers i remember that the Linksys one's had a wireless dongle you could buy that claimed to be fully compatible with the 360. Cant remember how much it was but it'll no doubt be cheaper than the official one.

Alternativley BT are doing an offer where if you sign up with them you get the official 360 wifi thing free...

Shin_Seffron wrote:

...anyway, when i was looking at routers i remember that the Linksys one's had a wireless dongle you could buy that claimed to be fully compatible with the 360. Cant remember how much it was but it'll no doubt be cheaper than the official one.

Do what you want, but my Linksys Wireless router crapped on me some months ago, for absolutely no reason at all. I had to reset it about every hour because it always dropped the connection.

Bought a D-Link Wireless G and now everything works perfectly.

But my 360 is hooked to it the old cable way. The speed I get from my ISP would need a wireless N router to not be limited over wireless. It just happenned that I had some 50 ft. ethernet cable lying around anyway... :P

Wasn't sure to post this here or in Noize's thread but here we go. :)

elite.jpg

That's the Elite with Bioshock (tin case, but no figure, sadly), second hand copy of Crackdown, Gears of War and out of shot is a second hand wireless adaptor (with no box or instructions or anything but still 40 quid :() a proper SCART cable and whatever is in the box.

Haven't opened it yet, won't get a chance to until tomorrow afternoon as I've got stuff to do today, plus work.

Bah.

post-62-1187945977.jpg

£124 Sam, which may well wipe me out for the month, so I can't see me getting any new games (for any machine) until I get paid next. Which incidentally is the same day Super Paper Mario comes out. :evil:

awesome hendo,get ur ass on live, so i can manage to never be playing the same game at the same time as you and never be able to play with you (which generally happens a lot for me) :)

and retroed the ethernet cable that came with my 360 is about a hundred miles long

I'm quite the jealous man right now, Hendo. I really want a 360, but am currently skint beyond belief. I'll have to see what I can muster over the coming weeks. I need to get on the Live Arcade, but worried that i could be poor forever, when I do.

I'll be using the Livebox router that I got from Orange. I use it with my PC (wired), and Wii, DS, and PSP, and it hasn't let me down yet.

Gah, was mucking about with my Livebox to get my Wii to connect to it, seems you have to press the little "1" button on the back of it to connect new devices...

Good haul btw Hendo, let us know your Gamertag.