passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The GBA Impressions Thread

illdog

For some reason, i bought Futari wa Precure Max Heart: Maji? Maji!? Fight de IN Janai .

Its just a bonkers platform game where you get to control 1 of 3 japanese girls through extremely bog standard platform adventure, collecting bits and bobs for your room as you find them secretly dotted through out. Find a little door with EX written on it and you get to handglide or parachure with a cute little Pikachu looking thing. Yep.

Was going to ask in the Play-Asia deal thread, but is Donkey Kong : King of Swing any good?

Me and Ed were talking about this earlier (or last night?) and he said it was too repetitive, which seeing as it's only L and R for controls I can see it being.

illdog wrote:

For some reason, i bought Futari wa Precure Max Heart: Maji? Maji!? Fight de IN Janai .

Its just a bonkers platform game where you get to control 1 of 3 japanese girls through extremely bog standard platform adventure, collecting bits and bobs for your room as you find them secretly dotted through out. Find a little door with EX written on it and you get to handglide or parachure with a cute little Pikachu looking thing. Yep.

Did you buy that, or see it in a vision whilst stoned and pissed up?

My Donkey Kong King of Swing arrived yesterday, had a go whilst loosing a stone.

So far its incredibly dull, granted ive only done the training and the first two levels but it bored the shit ouyt of me, leaving me with no drive to play further - but I shall, if not just for science.

• 14 years later...

Been playing some gameboy games recently,

mr driller gbc is just mr diller, so its awesome, and plays well, but this is a pretty basic version.

pokemon puzzle challenge (panel de pon with a different name), theres a few different modes on this, the first one you can pick easy - hard mode and different speeds, i couldnt find settings that were fun, it was either too easy or too hard. The challenge mode where you fight people is really good. The battery is gone so it doesnt save so theres no point playing the puzzle mode. Ill try to replace the battery.

kirby rolling game (kuro kuro kirby?), this is cool, the cart has a tilt sensor and you roll kirby around, and jump by flicking the gba up - this would be better if it used a button - but the rolling around works really well most of the time, going left/right can be tricky sometimes as it doesnt seem to calibrate completely flat, im not sure if my cart is dodgy or its supposed to be like that so the screen is easier to see. Its good fun, but also really difficult at points.

Nice impressions @spatular. Makes me want to play GBA again.

On 02/04/2007 at 10:24, DANGERMAN said:

No worries Ed

Finally got Astro Boy yesterday, and it's as good as everyone says. The first time I played it, a couple of years back, I focused too much on shooting and specials, now I probably dont use them enough. One of the GBA's better games and you can pick it up for about a fiver

Lol @ Astro Boy for a fiver.

Screenshot_20220308-194944_eBay.jpg

(I still have my mint in box copy tucked away)

Still miss my Bit Generations collection. I have that Fusion annual @merman1974, it's good.

yeah gameboy games can cost a lot these days! wanted to get f-zero climax but it's pretty pricy.

played some more stuff, 2 mario games:

6 golden coins one on the gameboy - this seems alright so far, got 1 of the golden coins, i'll stick with it.

mario advance 1/mario bros 2/not really mario/the one where you throw turnips at stuff - i don't like this, i'm too rubbish at mario games for this, was struggling on the second level.