passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

I'd like to mention a podcast I recently discovered, although Elmo and crew pointed it out on Joypod. It's called Regular Features. It's hosted by Matt Lees, Steve Hogarty, and Gavin Murphy, and they just fuck about for half an hour every episode. The running joke is none of the features are regular. So far I've had discussions on how to turn a gay man straight, a script of Doctor Who written by a man who's never watched Doctor Who, and hasn't a clue what it's about, a feature called am I a paedophile or a volcano?, and loads more. Really fucking funny stuff, and I really recommend it.

I stopped listening to all big American podcasts. The professional ones really get on my tits, they talk about stuff far too in front so you're fucking sick of hearing about it by the time it arrives. I dunno. Giantbomb really pisses me, although some of the talk are really good it's generally surrounded in so much filler talk that I feel I'm wasting my time with it. Weekend Confirmed sort of lost direction and listening into it it feels like there is some bitterness going on with the people involved, like there's some love being lost somewhere. The British ones are far better. Saying that I'm not sure wtf happened to Gamerdork. I think Xibxang must have died or something. It's a bit frustrating because I feel they were going to hit a groove now that that Uzi guy was co-presenting.

Out of needing a podcast to listen to in work I'm giving Gamerdork a go. Not too keen so far. The woman isn't too bad, but the bloke is trying to dominate the conversation, and she's tempering what she's saying to go along with him. Someone else with her would work I think

I've not listened to a podcast in four weeks. It's about the only thing I'm looking forward to going back to work for next week.

I'm now the opposite to you - work is the one place I can't listen to podcasts anymore. Phones and mp3 players are now banned on the shop floor, even on nights.

:(

Still, I'm always cutting them down to the absolute essentials, Gamerdork went the other week as I was getting bored of waiting for the Uzi and Xib show and instead one of the other off-shoots downloaded so I unsubscribed. Aren't they all about the board games now?

I'm a little behind with Cane and Rinse so if I need to drop more then it'll be that or Weekend Confirmed, which I never thought would ever happen.

Woah, I'm just listening to it now and it's not what what I was expecting. :blink:

I had to stop listening to this. I knew neither of the hosts and tired of hearing their voices pretty quickly. I'm not saying I have anything against either of these people but it was too much of a deviation on what I was expecting when I fired it up. It would have probably have been good if Xib or Uzi had been in one of the slots. It didn't feel like Gamerdork at all.

I'd like to mention a podcast I recently discovered, although Elmo and crew pointed it out on Joypod. It's called Regular Features. It's hosted by Matt Lees, Steve Hogarty, and Gavin Murphy, and they just fuck about for half an hour every episode. The running joke is none of the features are regular. So far I've had discussions on how to turn a gay man straight, a script of Doctor Who written by a man who's never watched Doctor Who, and hasn't a clue what it's about, a feature called am I a paedophile or a volcano?, and loads more. Really fucking funny stuff, and I really recommend it.

I've been listening to these recently, and it is piss funny. The episode about the 30p ice cream had me laughing for about half an hour after it had finished (on and off obviously, not continuous laughter, that would be odd)

Out of needing a podcast to listen to in work I'm giving Gamerdork a go. Not too keen so far. The woman isn't too bad, but the bloke is trying to dominate the conversation, and she's tempering what she's saying to go along with him. Someone else with her would work I think

I think that episode was Alex of the now dead digital cowboys podcast? Never really enjoyed his style.

Episode 3 is co-hosted by Elmer Fudd.

I think that episode was Alex of the now dead digital cowboys podcast? Never really enjoyed his style.

Oh god, I'm glad I stopped listening then. The man has an ego the size of a house, is pretentious as fuck and shouldn't be let anywhere near a microphone.

I only listened to Digital Cowboys for the odd interview with people I was interested in, got too much in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't got round to last week's Weekend Confirmed and then one for this week has popped up. Meanwhile I'm excited to keep up with Giant Bomb's daily output and I think I get enough gaming talk out of Joypod and Giant Bomb that I can probably drop everything else.

It's sad, as my first gaming podcast was hosted by Garnett Lee.

Though there are signs that Idle Thumbs may return!

I'm the other way, I've found myself disagreeing with a lot of what is said on the bombcast about games, not that I dont still like it. However Weekend Confirmed, particularly Canatta, seems to fit my gaming tastes more. They do try to shoehorn humour in too often, and some of their guests are utter shite, but the 3 regulars are able to have a serious discussion about the state of games (be that good or bad) in a way you just wouldn't get on the bombcast

I do feel like there's room for a podcast to usurp both of them though, neither are as good as they have been in the past

Well I'm just starting Saints Row which I'm enjoying a lot, and I rated Bastion very highly, so that shouldn't be a turn off for me.

I still have all the other shows to listen to as well, including Weekend Confirmed and MFGamers.