passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy III

moggymatt

nah you need to speak to Sid in the tavern of the 'ghost' village, then get the airship from the desert, the beserkers are supposed to be too hard to beat, and the goblins are supposed to give you no xp so you can't powerlevel in the newb area.......

Yea, i retract all previous statements.

I didnt realise you could equip weapons in both hands. Also i managed to talk to everybody but Sid. And now i like the game :blush::)

I played the original on the NES last night too, its very funny! U start with all four characters from the off and obviously its a graphical abortion but the music is the same, just in 8 bit glory.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

BUMP-O-RAMA!

I started this yesterday, got a couple of hours in and can now change jobs. What do people recommend? As it stands I've got the main dude as a red mage so he can use attacking and healing spells, a white made, a dark mage, and a thief that I'm thinking of changing to a soldier as my characters seem to have no kind of attacking power at the minute

Which brings me to the next point. I've not given the main character a weapon because without one he's got 20 attack, with my best sword 15. Same with everyone else, give them a weapon and they plumit from 20 to 3 :( Do they get better with the weapons the more you fight or are they just gimped and the point is to get a weapon that does something special?

Other than that I'm really enjoying it, although I think i'd rather the game just assign a job to each character

I think the problem with the weapons might be related to their classes, i seem to remember classes like knights being effective with swords and mages being effective with staffs etc.

more jobs unlock as you play the game, and my final setup was a dragoon, a dark knight, a devout and a summoner. i did level a thief up once, but i used him for one reason only and that was to steal a fire spear (one of the games mega weapons, i forget its actual name) from the Odin boss. apart from that i never used the class. I think i started out with 2 warriors, a red mage and a white mage. i upgraded the warriors to knights at some point and then the white mage and red mages to a devout and a summoner respectively towards the end of the game (and around the same time give or take, the knights upgraded to a dark knight and a dragoon).

I think the problem with the weapons might be related to their classes, i seem to remember classes like knights being effective with swords and mages being effective with staffs etc.

no, even equipping the mages with 2 staffs their attack is fuck all, stronger without. Also the wind sword or whatever it was called that was my most powerful sword can no longer be equipped by anyone (even the warrior) which is a pisser as one of them can still use swords. Maybe i have to hit a certain level or something. It's a good game but fuck it could make things clearer

Anyway, all this has forced me to reload my save and change so that I've got the main guy as a warrior, which is a shame because i wanted 2 healers. Then a white, dark and monk

maybe your weapons are just a bit bob? or can they hold more than one weapon at once or something? i cant remember if they can

Yeah you can double weapons up, but even then everyone bar my main character is stronger without. I'm sure that'll change as I progress and get better weapons.

Apparently this is quite short, like 30-40 hours. I'm not sure if i read that here or on gamefaqs, any truth in it though?

And if I enjoy this i may well pick up FF4

I played the un-updated version before they released this fancy version and didnt actually realise for a good while that I was playing the same game.

Its a good game, never really too hard I didnt think, which is nice actually, of course its tough in parts, but so long as you make sure you level up every now and again then its alright.